Gecko45 plays XBOX.!

This is a discussion on Gecko45 plays XBOX.! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So there I was taking out my frustrations playing online Modern Warfare 3. I was playing with a group of five and we needed a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Gecko45 plays XBOX.!

Gecko45 plays XBOX.!

So there I was taking out my frustrations playing online Modern Warfare 3. I was playing with a group of five and we needed a sixth to make a full team so, one of my friends on xbox live invites this dude that he knows. So we start playing and this guy mentions he's getting his CWP in California. Obviously I ask if he's on defensivecarry.com. No he says, he asks me what I carry and other small talk, then I ask him what he carries.

This is where it gets interesting...he says he carries an XD 45C, and he got his training from his tactician friends (his words.) Of course I ask what hes talking about. He then starts spewing this over the top story about how he was out with his 308 precision rifle (more of his words) and the first three rounds he ever fires through this rifle or any other went through the same hole. (right ok) this impresses some operator types that happen to be there near him... They are so impressed with his marksmanship that they take him under their wing and train him in all things high speed low drag. (at this point I can't form words and am just going uhhhhhhhhhh ok.)

He then proceeds to tell us the have all been to gunsite, frontsite, thunder ranch, etc.) They where trained by special forces and Sas and blah blah blah... Then he says he was going to join the marines but couldn't due to all the "cutbacks". Now he wants to be LAPD so he can join the best swat team in the world. (more his words)

I just stopped talking so he would... This kid sounded like he was 18 I swear... Eyeroll of the month.

2. Remove Ads

I'd of said well i guess that would limit your usefullness for specops and any type of recon work since the stench of bull feces would warn anybody within 2 miles of your location
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd of said well i guess that would limit your usefullness for specops and any type of recon work since the stench of bull feces would warn anybody within 2 miles of your location
    pretty much!

Modern Warfare 3 is probably the only training he has really completed. You can say anything while playing a game, sort of like the Brad Paisley song "I'm Much Better On Line"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Doodle that was you? Hey, I had a great time playing XBOX with you.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Doodle that was you? Hey, I had a great time playing XBOX with you.
    nice!

Oy vey...

A friend of mine is really gung ho about weapons, but 90% of what he "knows" he's learned from video games that he plays with his adult son (ages ~42/~20). Took him to a big gun show to look at ARs, and he got carried away by some rare rifle I'd never heard of but he knew all about from his games. Uh-huh...

Let's hear what Pat Rogers and Jeff Gonzales have to say about "training" by video games!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Administrator
    You wouldn't have to deal with those types as much if you didn't play video games.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I would be all over the mute button before he even had the chance to finish a sentence...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Sounds to me like he plays a lot of MW3 and maybe some Tom Clancey's Fat Stoner on a Couch. I bet he doesn't realize that the real Spec Ops guys don't issue 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew and one pound bags of Skittles when they go into the field.

I hate posers like that with the white-hot intensity of a thousand Suns. These are the same clowns who buy surplus military uniforms and ribbons/medals in Army-Navy surplus stores and try to pass themselves off as war heroes. To be honest, I am a little concerned about my ability to hold myself back from doing something rash to one of them if I am ever face to face with one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Oy vey...

A friend of mine is really gung ho about weapons, but 90% of what he "knows" he's learned from video games that he plays with his adult son (ages ~42/~20). Took him to a big gun show to look at ARs, and he got carried away by some rare rifle I'd never heard of but he knew all about from his games. Uh-huh...

Let's hear what Pat Rogers and Jeff Gonzales have to say about "training" by video games!
    Sounds like a guy I work with. He's an expert on every gun the military has. All compliments of his X-Box. Plus he's an expert in kung fu and karate. Too bad he can't tie his shoes without falling on his face. He's the opposite of EF Hutton, when he speaks, nobody listens!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by tn_mike View Post
    sounds to me like he plays a lot of mw3 and maybe some tom clancey's fat stoner on a couch.
    hahahahahahahah!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

But I like video games

Distinguished Member
    Dandyone likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Did you ask him what mall he worked at? I would have had WAAAYYYY too much fun if I had been in that game. One of my favorite parts of playing online is screwing with the stupid kids that run their mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links