Voted today and look what I saw on the door

This is a discussion on Voted today and look what I saw on the door within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We have early voting here this week. US Senate and Rep plus State Senate and Rep and a ballot initiative to establish our own school ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Voted today and look what I saw on the door

Voted today and look what I saw on the door

We have early voting here this week. US Senate and Rep plus State Senate and Rep and a ballot initiative to establish our own school system and break free from the, coming, unified city/county school system.

The doors were posted as usual with the "NO WEAPONS" signs. The standard gunbuster sign, a gun with the read circle and slash through it. No big deal there. I expected that. What I did not expect was the other sign that was posted. Tennessee has a voter ID law. (I know, great isn't it? I love that you have to show a picture ID to vote.) There was a sign explaining the different types of ID that you could present so that you could vote. Look at the 5th entry on the list of acceptable picture ID's for voting.

sign.jpg

Yep, you read that correct. We can use our HCP as an official voter ID. And, I did. I had my DL with me of course but I used my HCP. And the sweet little older lady who checked me in even made mentioned that she had seen several of them and loved the fact that so many were out there. She even told me she had hers too.

I love Tennessee.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Not allowing a college photo ID is designed to not allow college students the right to vote and is unconstitutional.
    Hopyard and ericb327 like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Excellent! Trigger the vote!

Sweet!!!

Just curious, did the "gunbuster" sign also include the "verbage substantially similar" to the actual Tenn. code?
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    I am glad you got the id law. We got it passed then a Dane county judge got it dropped. It is awaiting the state Supreme court however the judge that sets the agenda will not hear the case until after the Nov 6 election. Looking at recent polls. Most citizens no matter what side of the isle you are on want an Id law. Our state will provide one free if you can't pay the nominal fee.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Not allowing a college photo ID is designed to not allow college students the right to vote and is unconstitutional.
    Are you serious or is this tongue in cheek?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Fake college ID's are much too easy to obtain. To vote for government you need a government photo ID. Makes sense to me.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It has to be a Gov't issued ID. Harder to fake.

Senior Moderator
    Not even close.

There are a whole lot of foreign exchange students that are not citizens of this country that have college I.D.s but have no right to vote.

Any college student with the right ID can vote.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Are you serious or is this tongue in cheek?
    It has to be....either that or "head up ___" and I have never seen Crowman do that gymnastic wonder before.
    l1a1 and TN_Mike like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Moderator
    I don't have a problem with guns (especially OC) being allowed in a voteing place (Mainly becasue of voter intimadation) or presenting a vaild Gov't issued ID
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

They don't allow college I.D. as it is not a "State I.D.". A college does not have they level of security attached to the process of issuing I.D. that the State does. But I feel that every state should issue "State I.D. cards" for free. If you need a drivers license you pay for it.
    tcox4freedom and TN_Mike like this.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

College IDs are too easy to fake. Mine is nothing more than my picture, my name, and some artwork of our oldest building with "West Virginia University" over it and STUDENT on the side. Anyone with Photoshop and a card printer could make one.

One citizen, one vote.

A college ID does not mean you permanent residence is in that state or even you are a US citizen. many foriegn exchange studaents can get a student ID.
    tcox4freedom, TN_Mike and Eagleks like this.

Well IIRC Tx mandated that you need a valid ID to vote and they are being sued by the NAACP and The FEDS saying that it discriminates against the poor and elderly,I call BS anybody with a valid US birth certificate can get a State ID card,what it is against is a bunch of Illegal Aliens from voting in a Country they have no right to vote in,but that would be millions of votes that a certain POTUS woulsn't be getting.
    You can also use a CHL as a form of ID here also
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links