Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

This is a discussion on Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ive now heard of rainbow parties in Northern Ky. High school students fill a bowl with whatever pills they can find and take them not ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

Ive now heard of rainbow parties in Northern Ky. High school students fill a bowl with whatever pills they can find and take them not knowing what they have. Hate the idea of my 13 year old having to make the choice. I trust her, but...........

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    Ive now heard of rainbow parties in Northern Ky. High school students fill a bowl with whatever pills they can find and take them not knowing what they have. Hate the idea of my 13 year old having to make the choice. I trust her, but...........
    I have a sixteen year old, scares me too.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

In the last few cities I've been around they also steal wiring out of street lighting runs and the like. Oxycontin too.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Drugs are probably behind 80+% of today's crime...OMO
    What a waste of life...
    My nephew is a deputy in the courthouse and his wife was a court reporter. They estimate that in Orlando / Orange county it's more like 95% of crime is drug related. Almost no crime is NOT related to drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I haven't heard about any increases in Heroin coming across the Border down here,it's still the usual Marijuana followed by Cocaine then Meth and least found is heroin.I wouldn't be surprised if it's not being transported in by ship on the East coast,I'm not trying to be racist,but with a large influx of people from the Middle East it's not a stretch to figure out that a lot of them have connections back home and it's a matter of time before they figure out a way to smuggle it into the USA.

Probably coming in with the gas shipments.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

A program I recently listened to on the radio indicated that the heroin coming into Northern Kentucky and Cinncinatti (and on a smaller but growing scale, Lexington, Ky.) is making its way there from the Detroit area. Interstate 75 is a major pipeline for a variety of illegal drugs.

The program didn't go much into how the heroin gets to Detroit.

Throughout my career, I have transported and continue to transport a lot of psychiatric patients. Back in Connecticut it was mostly for psychological problems as well as alcohol and marijuanna abuse. Here in Tennessee its a lot of hard drugs. Needless to say this past year has been a major eye opener.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Philco View Post
    A program I recently listened to on the radio indicated that the heroin coming into Northern Kentucky and Cinncinatti (and on a smaller but growing scale, Lexington, Ky.) is making its way there from the Detroit area. Interstate 75 is a major pipeline for a variety of illegal drugs.

The program didn't go much into how the heroin gets to Detroit.
    Several years ago a friend alerted me to the reemergence of a heroin problem here in Detroit. Looks like he was right. Here's a seemingly plausible reason (other than plain stupidity):

Heroin addiction rising in metro Detroit suburbs - a middle-class problem - Ripley8's column on Newsvine

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yep, heroin users unknowingly supporting terrorism!
    Heroin users are killing themselves. Do you really think they care about anyone else?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Heroin users are killing themselves. Do you really think they care about anyone else?
    Of course not!
    Spirit51 and Jeanlouise like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Yup, a lot of heroin in the area (I'm across the river from N KY), it seems to be making a resurgence, maybe because people realized that Meth is so terrible, and heroin use is easier to hide than meth use?

Another theory I heard is that it stems from prescription pill abuse. People get hooked on a pill that is an opiate, and in an effort to "chase the dragon" progress up the chain until they get to heroin.

I will say that I have never understood how someone could inject themselves with heroin. I remember one day on patrol in Afghanistan, we found a poppy field that the farmers had recently scratched the bulbs on. They scratch the bulbs with a little multi-pronged tool, and then the black tar heroin oozes out. We could tell when we found the "good" crops, because the bulbs would be scored all over. Anyways, when they say "black tar heroin" really, it looks like black tar. That is it's natural state. Why someone thinks putting that in their body is a good idea is beyond me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

There was another home invasion/burglary across the street from me last night.

Lets bring back Agent Orange and Napalm. Turn those Poppy fields into more desert.
    BigJon10125 and Jeanlouise like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    There was another home invasion/burglary across the street from me last night.
    Another? You could almost say that you're expecting trouble. Bring a rifle.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Administrator
    I got news for you, it isn't overtaking, it has overtaken.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links