Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky - Page 3

Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

This is a discussion on Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by craze Heroin is making a big show in the St. Louis area as well. It's become the drug of choice among young ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Heroin is making a big show in the St. Louis area as well. It's become the drug of choice among young people here in middle class suburbia. Lots of stroies about high school kids ODing.
    This is what's happening.. High school kids are starting off with vicodin/percocets and once their tolerance reaches a certain height, they move onto roxy's/oxy's. Now, oxy's are expensive pills (usually $1/mg) and once again, their tolerance rises even more. They then realize they can buy heroin for about $6/bag. They snort the bags just like they were the oxy's. Then they move onto shooting the heroin bags up and it's game over from there. Truly a vicious cycle. I've seen it play out before my eyes many, many, many times.

Sorry to hear that EricB. Stay safe, hopefully it is a phase and passes quickly. Good luck. Such a sad existence. Do people not see what these things do to them? That is rhetorical, I understand how strong the draw, or addiction can be and that sense is not part of the equation after that.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

It's far from a phase and will not pass quickly. It's here to stay.

A friends brother used heroin,he would throw up and then nod off.Dosent sound very attractive to me. Also i read where opium in a natural state is like a wonder drug for pain and other conditions.I have heard Afganistan has had record breaking crops even with us there.

Quote Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
    A friends brother used heroin,he would throw up and then nod off.Dosent sound very attractive to me. Also i read where opium in a natural state is like a wonder drug for pain and other conditions.I have heard Afganistan has had record breaking crops even with us there.
    Google "Golden Triangle". Prescription pain killers are also pretty much synthetic heroin (they're an opiate). For example, morphine. You have to turn opium into morphine before you can turn it into heroin.

I had a niece who died overdosed on we believe was heron. She was married to another junkie. Funny think was she wouldn't eat or touch anything that had a "face" at one time. No leather shoes....wouldn't even ride in a vehicle with leather seats, but she would inject that trash into her body and it killed her....young. What a waste. Everyone knew, but on one could do anything about it.

Whoever said that this can't be stopped is right. We can't stop it, but we can start educating the youngsters early and with a huge dose of reality. Show junkies and how they live. Show dead junkies. Give them the honest facts.

The other thing is if someone breaks the law because of their drug problem....very serious sentences. If you rob a bank or person to support a drug habit....tack on mandatory 15 more years to the sentence.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I had a niece who died overdosed on we believe was heron. She was married to another junkie. Funny think was she wouldn't eat or touch anything that had a "face" at one time. No leather shoes....wouldn't even ride in a vehicle with leather seats, but she would inject that trash into her body and it killed her....young. What a waste. Everyone knew, but on one could do anything about it.

Whoever said that this can't be stopped is right. We can't stop it, but we can start educating the youngsters early and with a huge dose of reality. Show junkies and how they live. Show dead junkies. Give them the honest facts.

The other thing is if someone breaks the law because of their drug problem....very serious sentences. If you rob a bank or person to support a drug habit....tack on mandatory 15 more years to the sentence.
    But that education must begin at home, at an early age, by PARENTS - real parents that care.
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.

Spirit - I'm sorry to hear about your neice. That is a terrible thing. I agree that education is the key. Just like you said the cold hard truth. Kids need to see the deceased junkies lying on a slab. Even then I don't know that it would fix all the ones that are hooked. It screws up a persons brain chemistry.

This situation really saddens me. Geezer is absolutely correct. Parenting is the key but tell me how to turn THAT ship around.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Bellevue Police take down major dealer!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I got news for you, it isn't overtaking, it has overtaken.
    Absolutely ^^^^this^^^. There have been three occasions in my work that I have been at active meth labs and had no idea they were doing it. My job does not allow me to be armed either.

Across the alley from my detached garage in an alley apartment, there have been at least three "families" of drug dealers from weed to crack cocaine. I used to carry a pistol with me when I came and went from my own property becuse of them and how paranoid and dangerous they can be. One of the guys has been arrested three times this year, including the time they occupied the apartment across from me.

I have a cousin whose son died of an overdose of black tar heroin several years ago when it was a real problem in my hometown coming from the Columbus, OH distribution center. It's everywhere.

There is no cure for illegal dealers except death, sorry to say.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Bellevue Police take down major dealer!
    Unfortunately, just a drop in the bucket in northern KY. Heroin OD's really keep the Covington ED busy. Last summer my wife did a ride along with the Covington police, picked a Friday night in the summer. First call was an OD in the Burger King off of 5th in Covington. Ohio residents come across the river, buy in the parking lot and shoot up in the bathroom and OD. The manager learned CPR to deal with these incidents. As they drove around the officer pointed out house after house that are known heroin shooting galleries. With heroin cheaper than pot its not going away any time soon.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

The last time we had a heroin epidemic this bad was during the Vietnam War. And it's no coincidence. The Taliban all but wiped out poppy production by 2000, the year before 9/11 and the American invasion.

Opium production in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Pistology likes this.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

This is why it needs to be legalized, heroin is surging because of crackdowns on painkillers.

Legalizing = Little to no crime

Demand will never go away, and prohibition has been an utter failure. It's destroyed millions of lives and it can NEVER be won. At the very least, decriminalize like Portugal and see a massive drop in crime and use rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Lets bring back Agent Orange and Napalm. Turn those Poppy fields into more desert.
    The Afghanistan war is what made it worse in the first place, the Taliban kept the poppy fields from being there at all.
    Pistology likes this.

VIP Member
    Heroin is a big problem here too. We're on I-81 and a few miles south of I-70 so the dealers come out of Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia in droves and supply the addicts. Our newspaper police blotter is probably 95% drug crime and at least 95% of that is Heroin.

It turns people into monsters. At any given time our local hospital has several addicted babies in the newborn nursery. They scream 24/7, have seizures, can't suck...therefore can't eat...it's just horrible to see. These poor little things are destroyed before they ever had a chance. And, you know what? Their Mothers could care less. All they're concerned about is getting their next fix.

Drugs are destroying our society in so many ways and it's getting worse.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Detroit has one of the largest Muslim populations in the country and Canada has a huge population as well. I don't know if there is a connection, don't know that much about it. I do know that muslims have their own internal bartering system where they move goods and money under the table. Its something to think about.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links