Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

This is a discussion on Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Northern Ky consists of Covington, Newport, Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Fort Thomas, Southgate, Wilder, Silver Grove and a few more. All these towns are about the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

Heroin overtaking Northern Kentucky

Northern Ky consists of Covington, Newport, Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Fort Thomas, Southgate, Wilder, Silver Grove and a few more. All these towns are about the same size as Cincinnati when you lump them together. Northern Ky has Two Thirds of heroin arrests for the entire state. Crime has started to increase due to this highly addictive drug. Break ins, theft, overdoses are all on the increase. addicts are stealing propane tanks off of grill to get a deposit back from vendors, stealing metal patio furniture for scrap metal and copper from commercial and residential HVAC units. It's terrible.

Cincinnati is just across the river from from and having the same problem. One of these stories say Kentucky residents are going across the river to Cinti to get the heroin. Not true, this is an attempt to paint our community in a better picture. Pull your head out of the sand!

Heroin Leads To Spike In Crime In Dayton, Kentucky - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

Heroin making dramatic return in popularity | 91.7 WVXU News

Judge to accused dealers: 'Heroin is killing the community'
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

It's a shame that it takes two hands to count how many friends I've lost to heroin. With drugs come crime, stay safe, ericb327

VIP Member
    Same story here.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    You have to ponder the source. Opium poppies are a cash crop in Taliban land. I wonder if it's coming up through the southern border, and if so, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You have to ponder the source. Opium poppies are a cash crop in Taliban land. I wonder if it's coming up through the southern border, and if so, what else?
    Yep, heroin users unknowingly supporting terrorism!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Eastern and south eastern KY have the issues with meth and illegally obtained prescription drugs. I used to work in the Loss Prevention dept of a major shipping/distribution company and worked closely with Louisville Metro Narcotics when the pills came through our system.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Thread moved to off topic... nothing here about "encounters with the bad guys, with both successful, and not so successful, outcomes".
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    It's everywhere.....stealing, robbing, killing, no jobs, illegals coming over the border= government doing just enough to say they r actively doing something abt it.
    Just like us belonging to the UN that allows nations a veto power ( China, Russia ) that supports terrorist nations that work against western nations. Something is very rotten and it's stinks like heck. Even a child can see it...and their wanting to address our 2nd adm rights through through a UN arms treaty.
    mg27 likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I haven't heard about any increases in Heroin coming across the Border down here,it's still the usual Marijuana followed by Cocaine then Meth and least found is heroin.I wouldn't be surprised if it's not being transported in by ship on the East coast,I'm not trying to be racist,but with a large influx of people from the Middle East it's not a stretch to figure out that a lot of them have connections back home and it's a matter of time before they figure out a way to smuggle it into the USA.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Heroin is making a big show in the St. Louis area as well. It's become the drug of choice among young people here in middle class suburbia. Lots of stroies about high school kids ODing.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

VIP Member
    I knew one chick back in high school that did heroin. She said that once you got past the nausea, it was a great high.

Never being one to pay up front, I stuck to beer and took my licks the next day.

Distinguished Member
    The younger crowd around here are getting into heroin, too.

They see what meth does to people and decide that "heroin is a better choice"

Bad stuff. Turns people into mushball victims if they're out in public.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Drugs are probably behind 80+% of today's crime...OMO
    What a waste of life...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Drugs are probably behind 80+% of today's crime...OMO
    What a waste of life...
    I would have to agree.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links