New Safety Rule....DON'T SHOOT AT PLANES - Page 2

New Safety Rule....DON'T SHOOT AT PLANES

This is a discussion on New Safety Rule....DON'T SHOOT AT PLANES within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If someone shot at me and caused failure, I'd do my best to crash right on the shooter....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Safety Rule....DON'T SHOOT AT PLANES

If someone shot at me and caused failure, I'd do my best to crash right on the shooter.
    Spade115 and TN_Mike like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Good thing he didn't use a .50 cal sniper rifle. I hear those can take down an airliner.
    They can't?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    They can't?

Michael
    Sure would at least make a nasty mess of the baggage area.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    It's not proven he's guilty that I've read, so I'm not jumping on the bandwagon and will also like to know what mentioning this adds to the story?

"But before going in, Lisbao’s wife warned them of a loose caiman inside the premises."

It has nothing to do with the incident, nothing... and it's apparently legal, so what's the point - media trying to paint someone as crazy and guilty?

Nah...

^^^^^^^^^^Maybe they^^^^^^^^^

Have had people freak out at the sight of the thing, as it is wandering about, and she was simply alerting them to its presence.

If he's the one who did the shooting, he should get 15-20.
    Spade115 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I like the think owning the caiman would be just like having a loose dog in the house, last thing you want is the officer to walk in and see it, and shoot it thinking "Oh My God!, something ncrawled in glad I was here" Instead of o.0 "Thats their pet..."
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Unless they can prove the suspect actually did the shooting, I think the prosecuters will have a hard time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I get why 'she' mentioned the gator, just don't know what value it ads to the story other than the shock factor to further try to pin the guy who they only 'think' did it.

I've had some of those dusters purposely scare the heck out of me, but not enough, yet, to shoot at them. Now, if it's a drone, it's open season, baby.
    carracer and sdprof like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    New Safety Rule....DON'T SHOOT AT PLANES

My resonse: DUH?
    Be nice, maybe he was just practicing for the upcoming "d r o n e" invasion. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Crop dusting is dangerous enough without having someone shooting at you.
    Thats why my cousin quit flying choppers for a lumber company in Northen California. He liked the odds better in Alaska.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    They can't?

Michael
    I suppose if you hit the pilot it could. But a .50 cal round bringing down an airliner? No. And to bak that up, here you go, an Air Bus A-300 hit by a SAM-7 anti-aircraft missile in Iraq. The plane turned back, made a rough landing but was repaired and sold later. So you tell me, a bullet that is half an inch across could bring this plane down when a SAM-7 couldn't?

DHL Airbus A300F hit by S.A.M. Baghdad
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    I suppose if you hit the pilot it could. But a .50 cal round bringing down an airliner? No. And to bak that up, here you go, an Air Bus A-300 hit by a SAM-7 anti-aircraft missile in Iraq. The plane turned back, made a rough landing but was repaired and sold later. So you tell me, a bullet that is half an inch across could bring this plane down when a SAM-7 couldn't?

DHL Airbus A300F hit by S.A.M. Baghdad
    Here is another, a C-5A hit by a SAM over Baghdad. If a SAM did not bring it down I doubt a 50BMG will.

C-5A SAM Strike Damage Photos
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That a 45ACP doesn't stop a certain attacker implies a .22LR never could? As we know, if rounds hit the right spot, they can, irrespective of caliber.

Not to be contrary, but it's a matter of what's hit (hydraulics, electricals, whatever). In the particular situation you mention, that specific plane wasn't brought down by that one strike. But in various conflicts around the world there are instances of aircraft being damaged and brought down by small arms fire, some of which (in various theaters) has been AK47/74 7.62 fire. There are examples of C130's, Blackhawk and Huey helicopters, reconnaissance planes and other craft being struck and downed. Logically, it's hard to avoid that if crew can be killed from ground-fired bullets entering through the aircraft exterior then such bullets are perfectly capable of harming hydraulics and electricals if they hit the right spot.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; July 23rd, 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What an idiot...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links