Theater shooter first court appearance. What's wrong with him? - Page 2

Theater shooter first court appearance. What's wrong with him?

This is a discussion on Theater shooter first court appearance. What's wrong with him? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 Judging by his age and actions I would say that he might have Schizophrenia. It's a possibility, I suppose....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Theater shooter first court appearance. What's wrong with him?

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Judging by his age and actions I would say that he might have Schizophrenia.
    It's a possibility, I suppose.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    He's not suffering from anything the "35 cent cure" won't fix.

Yeah man, I agree. But it's more like "75 cent cure". At least, that's what I'm paying for .45 ACP.

Seriously though, the guy is obviously a total lunatic. IMHO, it's virtually impossible to stop the occasional mass murder by a crazed person, who will always find a way to create mayhem and murder.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

What is wrong with him is simply, "it's all about him" and nobody else.

He is one of those who feel powerless and in order to get power and control, he does something like this. He wants and needs the power of life and death over others.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Very good possibility

Evil wears many guises. His just happens to be a bit "flat" at the moment. It was up-and-atom the other night. Suited his purposes then, and very likely it suits his purposes now. Unsurprising.

Where's the switch. Is the 'lectric bill paid up? Contacts freshly replaced ... check.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There has been some video of him when he was around 18, talking to a class about his
    "research interests." I thought as I listened to him that he was actually incoherent and
    his irrationality was being cloaked in pseudo-scientific jargon. He was babbling about
    the boundaries of reality and fantasy in games and going back in time.

I think he is one sick dude; his mom knew it and the owner of a gun range he wanted a membership
    in figured it out. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that his departure from school was at the
    invitation of the faculty.

I don't want to speculate on a diagnosis, but I think he is insane and the planning doesn't mean
    he isn't. It is quite possible that he was unable to understand the boundaries of fantasy and reality.

I think that dejected look on him probably comes from a sudden realization of reality and the dire
    doo doo he is in.

It will take months or years before we hear from the mom (if ever) but I bet she has quite a story to
    tell of trying endlessly to get him psychiatric help and being rebuffed.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Greta Van Susteran was just saying that if the prosecution seeks the death penalty and the defense pushes for insanity they could do a plea deal for a guilty plea on the murders in exchange for a life sentence. This would prevent an emotional, lengthy, and very expensive trial.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Greta Van Susteran was just saying that if the prosecution seeks the death penalty and the defense pushes for insanity they could do a plea deal for a guilty plea on the murders in exchange for a life sentence. This would prevent an emotional, lengthy, and very expensive trial.
    That approach would be merciful on the taxpayers who have to pay for the trial (both sides), all the
    appeals, and house him till whenever or whatever. I doubt it would fly with the families of the
    killed and injured. I think there will be a trial.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

BUBBA, he going to have his own private suitcase. BUBBA, he love orange hair

The sad part is I doubt he will get the arm injection. He will probably end up in a mental institution for life or in a permanent protective custody unit in prison and not general population.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

VIP Member
    I'd guess that in a few years we'll read the news about his sudden death in prison.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Exactly my thought. As I mentioned in another thread, my wife worked for years with the mentally ill.I am not talking about depressed people. Certainly there are evil people in this world, but some people think the mentally ill are stupid. Far from the truth. I hate what this guy did, but until the truth about him comes out, I find it hard to hate him. Time will tell whether he is just an evil , selfish piece of trash, or if he really has a disease. It is a tragic event in any case and there are no winners.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Moderator
    I have seen schizo people before and actually had a series of interactions with a young man who was developing it when I worked for a colege police dept.. The young man I dealt with was truly crazy and hE lived in a different reality. His reality was just as real to him as ours is to us. Luckily we worked with the college councilors and he got committed and medicated before things turned bad.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links