Notes from the farm

This is a discussion on Notes from the farm within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm almost finished with my project for this week. I've been cutting in a new road along the length of my crop field. I'm almost ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Notes from the farm

VIP Member
    I'm almost finished with my project for this week. I've been cutting in a new road along the length of my crop field. I'm almost done and I only have another hour or two of work to do but now there is a storm.

I hate getting into a good, hard work groove and then being interrupted. I'll finish up after the storm passes but it's always hard to get started again once you sit on your duff for a while.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    During WWII, my place was the focal point of two different practice ranges for Camp Butner. We have the occasional 255 mm showing up from frost heave, etc. Sometimes their still hot. Shrapnel can be found sometimes after a rain. Pretty much everything the Army applied in that war they played with right here. I guess that explains the great price on the place :). Anyway, it made for interesting road cutting. Life's a box of chocolates. I'm putting in fence posts this weekend. Nearly done with the digging but every time I put that auger or backhoe in the ground....I wonder.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Road = DONE! I still have some clean up to make it nice but it's all the way through. My next move will be in the spring. I'll till it up and plant clover and some other items deer like. That way it won't erode and it will attract deer. : )

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    During WWII, my place was the focal point of two different practice ranges for Camp Butner. We have the occasional 255 mm showing up from frost heave, etc. Sometimes their still hot. Shrapnel can be found sometimes after a rain. Pretty much everything the Army applied in that war they played with right here. I guess that explains the great price on the place :). Anyway, it made for interesting road cutting. Life's a box of chocolates. I'm putting in fence posts this weekend. Nearly done with the digging but every time I put that auger or backhoe in the ground....I wonder.
    What do you do when you find a shell?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Do you have EOD on speed dial?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links