How Average Americans React to a Crisis -- Hooray!

How Average Americans React to a Crisis -- Hooray!

This is a discussion on How Average Americans React to a Crisis -- Hooray! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Common Defense: In Crisis, America Buys Guns, Hurray! - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1 Common Defense: In ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ExSoldier

Thread: How Average Americans React to a Crisis -- Hooray!

Wink How Average Americans React to a Crisis -- Hooray!

Common Defense: In Crisis, America Buys Guns, Hurray! - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

Common Defense: In Crisis, America Buys Guns, Hurray!
    Townhall.com ^ | July 25, 2012 | John Ransom
    Posted on July 25, 2012 9:29:14 AM EDT by Kaslin

While the Left looks for more reasons to restrict our right to self defense every time an infamous shooting occurs, the standard reaction of the general population in Colorado is to stock up on guns and ammo in self defense.

It’s a reaction that’s uniquely American, where every man’s a captain. But it’s also a reaction that has a long history in the West, a history we should be proud of.

And when I say the West I really mean everywhere in America. Because at one time or another in our history everywhere from the tidewater on the east coast to the tidewater on the west coast was the West, as civilization pushed further and further westerly. And so, I believe, everywhere remains the West- at least metaphorically.

As the establishment press (hat tip to Dan Mitchell) acts shocked! yes, shocked! that people are buying guns in record numbers in the Denver area as a reaction to last week’s shooting rampage in an Aurora, Colorado theater that killed or injured 70 people who were attending a screening of the newest Batman movie, I’m feeling, um, American about the sales.

Really American.

I want to go out and salute the flag and say: “Thank God for average Americans.”

~snip~
    goldshellback and Crowman like this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I agree 100%.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Media perception/bias for gun control stands at odds with what the American people are actually doing.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Sooner or later, the majority of Americans will realize that they are ultimatly responsible for their own protection during incident of this type, law enforcement will show up, but most likely the shooting will be over by the time they get there.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

notice how silent the media got as the subject turned toward gun sales in the aftermat? Kinda bias I say

I see many reasons for this trend.

#1- best way to defend you and your loved ones

#2 -history has shown that unlike money, electronics and GOLD....the value of firearms usually goes UP.

#3- It is a way of saying "i will not bow"

#4 if there is a SHTF situation you can use it to gain food to feed yourself

#5 in a SHTF situation, cars, electronics, cellphones, laptops, ipads, home theater systems, diamonds, jewelry, socks, RV's will all be worthless.......but you can still trade guns and ammo :-D

Sponsored Links