Update!! 187 MPH Idiot Motorcycle Driver Turns Himself In.

This is a discussion on Update!! 187 MPH Idiot Motorcycle Driver Turns Himself In. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A man allegedly responsible for a viral YouTube video showing a 300 km/h motorcycle ride on a highway outside Victoria, B.C. has turned himself in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Update!! 187 MPH Idiot Motorcycle Driver Turns Himself In.

VIP Member

Update!! 187 MPH Idiot Motorcycle Driver Turns Himself In.

A man allegedly responsible for a viral YouTube video showing a 300 km/h motorcycle ride on a highway outside Victoria, B.C. has turned himself in to police, Kelowna RCMP say.

In June, Saanich police issued an arrest warrant for Randy George Scott, 25, for the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

Scott is in custody after turning himself into police Tuesday night and will appear in court on Wednesday, Kelowna RCMP Const. Kris Clark said.

"He came to the front counter and made and admission as to his identity that he had a warrant out for his arrest," Clark said.

The video shows the driver of a motorcycle going at high speeds, at one point nearing 300km/h, weaving between vehicles and sometimes passing along the centre line. At the time, veteran traffic officers and professional motorcycle riders were shocked by the footage, and said it was lucky no one was killed.

"It should be noted that videos such as this glorify dangerous driving behaviours, which is a direct contradiction to our commitment to road safety" Clark said.

The video was posted to YouTube on April 8, and just over a week later, Saanich police seized a blue Yamaha R1 the motorcycle believed to have been used in the video.

Officers said the bike was registered to the rider's mother. They said the rider was unlicensed, uninsured and believed to be a 25-year-old man with 25 previous infractions.

Accused in B.C. 300 km/h motorcycle video surrenders - British Columbia - CBC News

For those not familiar with the story, this happened where I live and I drive home on this road every day.

The link above also takes you to the story and the video in question. It is intense.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Hmm, did the right thing by turning himself in. Interesting.
    Spade115 likes this.

He will be made an example of what not to do..... and rightfully so.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

His mom's bike.....LOL.....loser......still lives in the basement?
    Bark'n and CLASS3NH like this.

speechless
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Officers said the bike was registered to the rider's mother. They said the rider was unlicensed, uninsured and believed to be a 25-year-old man with 25 previous infractions.

At what point do you put someone like this in Jail/prison? He obviously is going to do what ever he wants with no regard to laws or public safety. Some kind of punishment that
    will make the choices he has been making not worth the consequences.

Throw him in the slammer for a while, so he can suffer some consequences. Have his Mom, who failed to teach him that actions have consequences, join him.

Administrator
    187 mph... That's impressive.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Since his mom provided the bike to her son whom she would know has a suspended/revoked license she should be arrested and charged also
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    187 mph... That's impressive.
    Nah, I get my bicycle going that fast after I eat black beans.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

AAAaahhh.... to be young and uninsured!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

These bikes are hard to control speed. I just got a Kawasaki Ninja for a playtoy. Nowhere near that speed, although I could if i chose to. That is scary with all that traffic. Go to a track.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Throw him in the slammer for a while, so he can suffer some consequences. Have his Mom, who failed to teach him that actions have consequences, join him.
    +1 on the above.
    Good thing he didn't injure/kill anybody in the process of impersonating "Awful Ka-naw-ful"
    Ya just can't teach stupid.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I agree its impressive to maintain control on a bike at those speeds, but I also have to agree that his mother should be locked up with him for loaning a bike to a person with no license.

I do however want to know if he was running a stabilizer on the bars or front end.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

He should have got into racing and he wouldn't be in trouble but would still have his fun.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links