So people claim POT is a safe harmless drug

This is a discussion on So people claim POT is a safe harmless drug within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope she never gets her kid back since she apparently isn't responsible enough to take care of one,It's not like a car seat sliding ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: So people claim POT is a safe harmless drug

I hope she never gets her kid back since she apparently isn't responsible enough to take care of one,It's not like a car seat sliding off a car wouldn't make some serious noise unless you were so stoned you shouldn't even be driving
    Police say mom forgets baby on car roof | mom, phoenix, police - Brownsville Herald
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Yup, and drunk people never do anything stupid.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

High school dropouts who live in their parents' basement have been arguing that weed is a safe drug for decades.

I have heard of stone cold sober things doing the same thing........what is your point?
    msgt/ret likes this.

The idea that one person misusing a product should be cause for preventing everyone from using it would be a good tactic for the anti gunners to use. Hope they never think of it.

Michael
    suntzu, atctimmy, jbum and 7 others like this.

I've come to the conclusion that people with red hair shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Lets hope she doesnt get her child back. The child deserves more more

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I have heard of stone cold sober things doing the same thing........what is your point?
    I think one point is that it is unacceptable behavior to forget your 5 month old child on top of your car. The girl apparently smokes a lot of marijuana (which, from what I've seen in life, leads to short term memory problems) and she forgot where she put her new baby.

Another point might be that marijuana is not a 'safe harmless drug', or that driving while high on marijuana is dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    There's no way it could just be because she is a bad mother... it also must have been a plant that made her dye her hair hot pink... The reasons for it being illegal was based on racism and corporate profits. Do I think she, as a mother, should smoke weed? No, but to blame it for causing this is foolish, it was her own doing, not the plant.

Edit: After more research the mother is apparently a borderline alcoholic among other issues, when her boyfriend got pulled over he was on his way to the liquor store.
    Last edited by Burns; July 29th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Fausty and mr.stuart like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I think one point is that it is unacceptable behavior to forget your 5 month old child on top of your car. The girl apparently smokes a lot of marijuana (which, from what I've seen in life, leads to short term memory problems) and she forgot where she put her new baby.

Another point might be that marijuana is not a 'safe harmless drug', or that driving while high on marijuana is dangerous.
    Driving while firing a handgun is dangerous. Probably need to ban guns. The fact is that driving while doing anything other than paying full attention to driving is dangerous. Safe harmless? Another good point the anti gunners could use to ban guns.

We need to be careful to remember that while we should punish those who do harm to others. We should not take away the freedom that allowed it to happen. To do that punishes everyone, not just the ones doing harm.

Michael
    jbum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The idea that one person misusing a product should be cause for preventing everyone from using it would be a good tactic for the anti gunners to use. Hope they never think of it.

Michael
    Would 'misusing a product' be jamming marijuana into her eyeballs, resulting in not being able to see where she is driving?

Perhaps you mean that 'recreational' use of marijuana is 'misusing a product', which should only be used for medicinal purposes?

If marijuana is a 'safe harmless drug', then how can it be misused? It's use would be both 'safe' and 'harmless'.

Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Driving while firing a handgun is dangerous. Probably need to ban guns. The fact is that driving while doing anything other than paying full attention to driving is dangerous. Safe harmless? Another good point the anti gunners could use to ban guns.

We need to be careful to remember that while we should punish those who do harm to others. We should not take away the freedom that allowed it to happen. To do that punishes everyone, not just the ones doing harm.

Michael

Would 'misusing a product' be jamming marijuana into her eyeballs, resulting in not being able to see where she is driving?

Perhaps you mean that 'recreational' use of marijuana is 'misusing a product', which should only be used for medicinal purposes?

If marijuana is a 'safe harmless drug', then how can it be misused? It's use would be both 'safe' and 'harmless'.
    By that standard everything should be banned. Nothing is totally safe or harmless.

Michael

Michael
    I'm not following your logic, here... "Driving while firing a handgun is dangerous." = "Probably need to ban guns." You seem to be saying that driving while high on marijuana is dangerous, but it should be legal, since we don't want guns to be banned??? As you say, "We should not take away the freedom that allowed it to happen. To do that punishes everyone, not just the ones doing harm."

I think possibly you're saying that we should all be free to do whatever we wish... with the exception that criminal behavior is actually punished after the fact. That's an idea I could support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links