Lunch plans

Lunch plans

This is a discussion on Lunch plans within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just went and had myself a wonderful lunch at my local Chick-Fil-A. The place was packed both in the restaurant and the drive through. A ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Lunch plans

Lunch plans

Just went and had myself a wonderful lunch at my local Chick-Fil-A.
    The place was packed both in the restaurant and the drive through.
    A couple of people wanted to know why it was so busy, so my 11 year old son
    had to (politely) school a couple of people in the 1st Amendment!

A few stated that they were glad that they stopped in!

Whether you agree or disagree with the owners stance on Gay Marriage and Family Values
    does not matter. What does matter is that he is not backing down from his statements and his RIGHT to have his opinion and express it.

If you get a chance today, go have a sandwich, or even just a soda. But show your support for the 1st Amendment!!

20 Million Visit Huckabee

Might just have to go there for dinner tonight too!
    mano3, accessbob, ctr and 3 others like this.
    Not going to be a victim anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by catt101 View Post
    Just went and had myself a wonderful lunch at my local Chick-Fil-A.
    The place was packed both in the restaurant and the drive through.
    A couple of people wanted to know why it was so busy, so my 11 year old son
    had to (politely) school a couple of people in the 1st Amendment!

A few stated that they were glad that they stopped in!

Whether you agree or disagree with the owners stance on Gay Marriage and Family Values
    does not matter. What does matter is that he is not backing down from his statements and his RIGHT to have his opinion and express it.

If you get a chance today, go have a sandwich, or even just a soda. But show your support for the 1st Amendment!!

20 Million Visit Huckabee

Might just have to go there for dinner tonight too!
    And when you go, take a Boy Scout with you!
    pgrass101 and joker1 like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Taking my wife out to dinner there tonight.
    accessbob likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Went there for lunch today! My local Chick-Fil-A had a line almost 1/2mi long in one direction, and people were parking at the mall lots down the street and walking! In 100+ degree Texas heat! Now THAT'S what I call support for good values and good chikin!

OpJ

Edited for spelling.
    accessbob and catt101 like this.

I wanted to, but am unable to today because of my schedule on Wednesdays.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

No Chik-Fil-A in the PNW, but I still love seeing people excising their rights.

Well, Ill probably hear it for this one but my wife and I dont agree with what he said. We have since boycotted our new favorate fast food joint since moving down south. I do support his freedom of speech and of course he probably knew the risks when he said what he did, it is his company and adgenda.

I know there are a lot of people of faith on this site and I mean you all no offense. My wife is of faith and I consider myself spiritual but her and I both believe that there is only ONE who has the right to make judgement. Regardless of what is said in the good book, only HE can enforce thoes words.

EDIT:
    Admitedly I am glad to see that business is still doing well. I really admire the work ethic. I am not boycotting in hopes to harm business or "change" the owners mind, I just feel that its not of anyone on this world to judge sin.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

There's going to be a boycott at one of the CFA locations near where I live and I'd love to go to that one just see see what's what (I love people watching in general, so protests are always fun to check out so long as they don't get violent). My wife said she drove by one this morning and it was packed out, so we'll see if I can get my food in time to make it to Bible study tonight.

I'll be carrying concealed, as usual, just in case any local crazies decide to make a bigger statement than can be made with a misspelled sign and bad hygiene.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

The couple times I have been to one of these places I kinda thought there food was over priced little pieces of chicken that tasted like cardboard so I don't eat there and have never understood the hype over the place.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

I haven't been able to get near any of our Chik-fil-a's. There have been cars wrapped around the building every time I drove past!

Not only do I love the food and the business, I had the pleasure of having their corporate IT as one of my customers back in my software days. Never have I worked with a more professional, ethical and courteous group.

Ionracas you won't hear it from me. You have the same right to voice your opinions as the owner of the business does. The only problem I have is when the politicians, in effect the Government, uses their power of the pulpit in an attempt to financially punish someone exercising their rights.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    The couple times I have been to one of these places I kinda thought there food was over priced little pieces of chicken that tasted like cardboard so I don't eat there and have never understood the hype over the place.
    Maybe that resturaunt is just an anomoly? Ive been to quite a few of them and their customer service is uncomparable even with a bunch of kids working there. I for one think that the overal work ethic is worth the extra cash. The one on Union Ave in Midtown Memphis gives free meals to on duty emergency services personel. Any kind of discount to our public safety personel is hard to come by these days.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Ionracas you won't hear it from me. You have the same right to voice your opinions as the owner of the business does. The only problem I have is when the politicians, in effect the Government, uses their power of the pulpit in an attempt to financially punish someone exercising their rights.

Michael
    Why thank you sir. I must say that I can not emphasize enough how great the work ethic is there and I have been to many a CFA since moving here. No doubt that the owners beliefs play a strong role in that so I of course have no issue with him exercising his rights. Though I admit it does kinda stink they are closed on sundays.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Though I admit it does kinda stink they are closed on sundays.
    I actually love the fact that they are closed on Sundays, except on Sundays. The only times I usually crave me a nice, juicy CFA sammich is on my way home from church, and I can't get one. Oh well
    Ionracas and ctr like this.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean people have to do business with that company. I think some people are a little confused.

If the government tells him, you cannot say that or we'll put you in jail, then his First Amendment rights are being violated. If people merely boycott his business, it's their right to take their money wherever they want to, for whatever reason.

It's like people who write letters to newspapers, and cry censorship when the editor doesn't publish them. Well, that's not violation of the First Amendment, because the government is doing it. That's just editorial discretion. A private business can decide whether your contribution should go into their publication, and they have a better sense of what makes money for them than you do.

Cathy is not backing down? Good for his spirit. But I still think he's a stupid man, and adhering to stupid opinions won't help him get any smarter.

Don't make your lunch decisions based on a misunderstanding of the First Amendment.
    rammerjammer likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links