metal...

This is a discussion on metal... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Um, nope. I like MUSIC. Just thought I'd take care of the over-50 responses for y'all....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: metal...

Um, nope. I like MUSIC.
    Just thought I'd take care of the over-50 responses for y'all.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Oh, and Kyuss. I effing love Kyuss as background music when I'm working. It totally allows me to focus.
    (but you need to get a taste for it)
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    I LOVE METAL!!!! I'm a huge metal fanatic.

Almost everybody that finds out I like "that music" can't believe it. I dress pretty casual, preppy - have no tattoos or peircings, and am pretty laid back and calm. Not what most would expect from someone who digs metal music I guess.

BUT I LOVE IT! And the harder it is, the more I like it. My favorite band is Lamb of god, followed by a slew of others -as i lay dying, chimaira, unearth, in flames, bleeding through, trivium, slayer, parkway drive, - ok could go on forever. Not a big fan of most of the half way bands like the static x, god smack and stuff, not enough metal in that stuff for me.

But as I've gotten older I do keep it to myself pretty much. I'll usually just rock out in my truck when I'm by myself or with my ipod. I can totally understand most people don't prob like hearing it.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    +1 for Rammstein. Got a couple of their albums. Metallica is basically why I'm learning guitar....I want to be able to play all of their tunes (eventually).

Anthrax, Korn, Savatage, Iron Maiden, Rush (the early years like 2112), etc.......today's metal?

You may be preserving your life (and others')especially if you drive during rush hour traffic. Scientific studies have proven that rock music gets folks excited and on edge at times. Country music however could very well be a means to an end (in my opinion). Classical over a cup of coffee might be the best way to start your day. Then again......my studies have shown that a 20oz Mountain Dew and a good rock tune makes up for getting up late and not drinking a full eight cups of coffee.
    Haha, I used to have to psych myself up in the morning. Before I moved from Connecticut, my then job had a 3 hour or longer commute. I had to drive by my company HQ and another base to get to the one I worked at. I-95 morning rush hour between Bridgeport and New York City is a joke. I did bring it on myself though because I chose to work the Stamford/Greenwich Ops base because of better managemenf and co-workers.

I am actualy getting in to some classical music. Still adjusting to country, no offense but alot of it sounds the same. Either way I need stuff that will help me relax.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I listen to some As I Lay Dying, but real "metal" tends to be a little... unorganized for me. I know a lot of people who like some bands whose melodies I just can't seem to find. I'm a big fan of Nightwish, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and similar.
    Ionracas likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I listen to some As I Lay Dying, but real "metal" tends to be a little... unorganized for me. I know a lot of people who like some bands whose melodies I just can't seem to find. I'm a big fan of Nightwish, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and similar.
    +1 for Nightwish. I honestly didnt know anyone had a clue who they are. I havnt heard anything new by them, at least not since their first album with Anette Olzon
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

She's the new girl after Tarja? She sounds a little generic, but still good. Was hoping for new stuff but haven't seen any.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Nope, I'm a Del McCoury, Blue Grass & Grateful Dead Listening, Jam Band Loving, Former cloud hopping Flower Sniffing ex-liberal!

Probably one of the few that carries a gun everyday that used to fit that profile!

What can I say.... college was a lot of fun but then I grew up and started paying taxes and saw the light.

I have testament playing as I type

bout the only metal i like the sound of is the ca-hink of the ole 45 as she slides home.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I like melodic metal, speed metal, and white metal.

Within Temptation, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying. A few others. They are all on the same playlist with Celtic Woman, Joe Ely, Lady Antebellum, and U2, so go figure.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I like melodic metal, speed metal, and white metal.

Within Temptation, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying. A few others. They are all on the same playlist with Celtic Woman, Joe Ely, Lady Antebellum, and U2, so go figure.
    Demon Hunter I like. Their new stuff is OK, the old stuff is better in my opinion, but I think that about a lot of bands. Relient K, Nightwish, 12 Stones...
    My blog

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    She's the new girl after Tarja? She sounds a little generic, but still good. Was hoping for new stuff but haven't seen any.
    Shes the one. I really did like the album that Anette debuted in. Nightwish was founded to be symphinic-powermetal, Tarja really brought it as a trained opera singer. Unfortunatley as much as I do enjoy Anette as a vocalist, shes a bit to pop sounding.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

I love it.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Another Rammstein fan here...

Some favorites are Breaking Benjamin, Craving Lucy (Therapy), Linkin' Park, etc...

I feel that I belong to probably an even smaller demographic when it comes to music though...

I love techno/dubstep...

For those of you not "in the know" check this out.

Bassnectar - Timestretch (Official) - YouTube

No words... just music...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links