Man it's hot...

This is a discussion on Man it's hot... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm considering finding a way to wear dessiccant packs in my armpits. If needed I can re-charge them in the oven right? What do ya'll ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man it's hot...

Man it's hot...

I'm considering finding a way to wear dessiccant packs in my armpits. If needed I can re-charge them in the oven right? What do ya'll think?

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home, I am a certifiable professional.
    Burns, Badey and BurgerBoy like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I'm considering finding a way to wear dessiccant packs in my armpits. If needed I can re-charge them in the oven right? What do ya'll think?
    That may do harm to your body. Better ask Dr Oz. Most desiccant packs can be recharged in the oven.....but then you'll be heating up the house just doing that. And if you're all electric, while the A/C is running, your oven is heating. Talk about compounding a problem.................. Yeah...104 now actual temp here. Just took the dog out for a walk, quick poop, and back inside.

Probably ruin the oven
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Certifiable might just be the right word!!!!

LOL!!!

Look at it this way.. I am in KS too.. And yes.. It is hot..It is so hot that I saw two trees fighting over a dog today!
    At least being male, you can take your shirt off... and even if you dont take your shirt off, try having to wear an over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder all the time too!!!!!

LOL

Certifiable might just describe me too!!
    Not going to be a victim anymore.

Senior Moderator
    104 degrees ? That's because you are up North.

Here it's 106...and yes, my air conditioners tongue is hanging out. Even the squirrels are running up and down the shady side of the trees because the bark is too hot on the other side.

I saw a deer swim across a pond from one side to the other...then turn around and swim back. I guess it was trying to cool off. I gotta admit, I have never seen that before.

We had a half inch of rain this morning. An hour later there was no evidence of it other than the humidity jumping up.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

It is so hot that I saw two trees fighting over a dog today!
    Classic. Never heard that before. Kansas always got a wind blowing......makes for a good tinder box unless the grass has already broke off at the ground. I grew up in Kansas. Got more humidity down here, and not many mud rains. I feel for you guys like you feel for me. I think pretty much everyone's feeling something right about now. LOL! Keep on smiling....it can only get better.....right?

NO wind here right now... Oh.. wait... the politicians are out... i guess there is extremely localized wind...

Ya' Know... I grew up in extreme Southeast Texas.. without AC..I don't ever remember the heat or humidity being as bad as the last few years as here in Kansas...
    Not going to be a victim anymore.

101 here now. 104 for Friday. This weekend may be lake time.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

113 in okc today

We have a Mainecoon cat...they like the mountains and woods.....he does not like Texas at all! squishy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home, I am a certifiable professional.

LOL! I've never thought of that! I have a 5 lb bag of desiccant crystals at home; I'm tempted to give it a try...
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Be glad you don't wear dark suits outside.....
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

We lived in Wichita Kansas in the summer of 1980. THAT was hot. For a record number of days over 100 IIRC. I worked downtown and we all wore suits, long sleeve shirts and ties.

THE SIZZLING SUMMER OF 1980:

Sweltering heat took a long, unwelcome vacation in Kansas during the summer of 1980. The blistering heat arrived with a vengeance on June 24th when the mercury soared lika a fighter jet to 103 degrees. Afternoon high temperatures broke the 100-degree barrier each day for the rest of the month, culminating in a monthly high of 110 degrees on the 30th. The nighttime provided very little in the way of relief as lows in the mid to upper 70s were prevalent during that one-week span. Little did anyone realize that the atmosphere was just getting "warmed up". During July, the heat wave hit full throttle when high temperatures cleared the 100-degree hurdle a staggering 24 out of 31 days, including an eighteen day stretch from the 3rd to the 20th. The 4th was, quite literally, hotter than a firecracker, when another 110-degree reading was achieved. With heat that intense, some Kansans probably did their holiday barbecuing right on the pavement. The record heat reached a pinnacle on the 12th, when Wichitans baked in 112-degree temperatures. With nighttime temperatures in the lower 80s, air conditioners received the workouts of their life. It appeared that the heat wave was losing its grip, when a cold front crossing the region on July 21st caused temperatures to "nosedive" back into the mid 90s with overnight lows dropping to near 60 degrees. Not so, as temperatures shot right back up into the 105-110 degree range from the 28th to the 21st. The heat wave that wouldn't die was entering its third month. The record heat didn't break stride as August took the baton and raced to a high of 110 degrees on the 1st. In fact, 11 of the first 13 days of August would see triple-digit highs. It was on the 14th that "the sizzling Summer of 1980" began to east its grip on Kansas, as temperatures settled back into more seasonal levels. However, it was too late, as 20 record high temperatures were set between June 24th and August 13th, all of which stand to this day. During the months of June and July, Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport only received 1.81 inches of rainfall, 0.47 inches of that was in July.
    Darn...........it's 68 here now.....................
    atctimmy likes this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

112 in tulsa it pretty bad when you are inside and walk out side for less then a minute and already sweating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Here in Wisconsin it was 85, But it's a dry heat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links