Swabbed at the Airport

This is a discussion on Swabbed at the Airport within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've had bags swabbed that the day before had a firearm in it & nothing happens.....no alarm or even a raised eyebrow. I have also ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Swabbed at the Airport

VIP Member

Swabbed at the Airport

I've had bags swabbed that the day before had a firearm in it & nothing happens.....no alarm or even a raised eyebrow. I have also had them swab my gun case handles that had a firearm in it while checking it thru security.

The TSA is there to give the illusion of security.....sort of like unarmed mall security.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I shoot at an indoor range...no telling how much "swabable" stuff I always have on my shoes, clothes, etc.

Swabbed at the Airport

I had my shoes swabbed once but that was just a month or so after the "shoe bomber". It made me laugh but I didn't care...shoes were on the conveyor belt anyway

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    I avoid flying whenever possible these days. Too many bad stories. I would have declined to have my person swabbed - way to far a reach in TSA authority. Same thing for removing a medical device - I would have declined.

My briefcase tested positive one time, and all that happened was that they took everything out of it and closely examined the briefcase, and swabbed everything in it. I had just come from a two day seminar on powder actuated fastening systems. I guess my bag got too close to some of the action. It was a ballistic nylon computer case, so once emptied, there were no hiding places. Of course, I had to repack my case myself, they were too important to help.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I don't fly, surrendering the Fourth Ammendment in the name of travel, is not something I'm interested in doing in this lifetime.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    I don't fly, surrendering the Fourth Ammendment in the name of travel, is not something I'm interested in doing in this lifetime.
    While I would like to agree with you, I found it too hard to walk from Atlanta to Los Angeles every month.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    I quit flying when I retired, before 9/11. Security was too stupid even then...and then it got worse. I was a manager in the security field for 35 years and I still think all the stupidity we see now is cosmetic and just for appearances.

If I can't drive, I don't go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links