bloomberg gets grilled on why NYC sold guns shells to an ammo mfg

This is a discussion on bloomberg gets grilled on why NYC sold guns shells to an ammo mfg within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NYC Mayor Blows Up At Reporter Over Gun Control Question (VIDEO) wow talk about a black eye, man does he get upset when he was ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By RKflorida

Thread: bloomberg gets grilled on why NYC sold guns shells to an ammo mfg

bloomberg gets grilled on why NYC sold guns shells to an ammo mfg

NYC Mayor Blows Up At Reporter Over Gun Control Question (VIDEO)

wow talk about a black eye, man does he get upset when he was put on the spot

NYC Mayor Blows Up At Reporter Over Gun Control Question (VIDEO) - WPIX

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This is a nothing story. Actually I find it a little funny that I agree with the DB Mayor.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Anybody can turn anything around to make it look better,or worse.We callem sporting rifles or semi auto mag fed smile makers.They call them widow makers ,assault rifles,machine guns etc
    We call it reloadable brass the Mayor calls it scrap metal,I will bet money it was marketed at empty brass casings which will bring a higher bid than just scrap brass junk
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Amazing how the media is trying to scandalize a non-issue. For once (and only once) I agree with the Blooming Idiot.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I don't see anything wrong with selling the brass, I do see something wrong with Bloomberg's hypocrisy when money is involved - which is why the reporter asked the question. He tried/failed to make a point of it not being bullets, but bullets are nothing but scrap metal as well without the brass, etc. Just another example of what a jerk he is and glad he got called on it.

Nothing story... nothing reporter... baiting over nonsense... And the press gushes over his ... ahem... crime control and then lambastes him for scrap sale... tying it to evil guns... Yellow Journalism at it's finest
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    When you have nothing to report, you make up something. It's all about press ratings.
    highvoltage and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    How dare some lowly reporter question King bloomberg that is not to be tolerated.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Bloomberg is now pushing for restrictions or outright banning of ammunition sales. How dare he sell used brass casings that will be used to make **gasp** ammunition! The mayor and others have made this a moral issue so they could quickly stake out the high ground. But selling the brass makes them sinners in their self created moral world. The reporter did right in calling out this hypocrisy. In addition, any thing that makes this jerk mad, upset, humiliated is fine with me. Fair is off the table, the mayor took it off the table himself. You want a nanny state/city then you had better be a pure nanny with no sins.
    Lotus222 and accessbob like this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Those who wanted to become reporters used to go to school and take courses in Journalism, Rhetoric and English. Now-a-days reporter wannabes want to "make a difference". They learn to make news, not report it. It's all about ratings and money. Sadly, baiting used to be a fishing term.

Links