Visit to Ft. Sam Houston

This is a discussion on Visit to Ft. Sam Houston within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This thread is not to debate past wars and if we should have been there or not. I just came back from Ft. Sam to ...

Thread: Visit to Ft. Sam Houston

Visit to Ft. Sam Houston

This thread is not to debate past wars and if we should have been there or not. I just came back from Ft. Sam to get my physical and do some shopping. One thing that is hard to forget is the image of a 20 year old with no arms, a 23 year old with no legs, soldiers and others with obvious brain injuries or spinal injuries. I have seen these soldiers before or those like them from the battlefield to Walter Read, Bethesda, and here. I would just like folks to realize that when they advocate our military get involved in something that it should be for the defense of our nation. Not to make political statements, not to show how strong we are, not to displace a ruthless dictator which is the job of the folks in that country.

For any living room warriors out there they need to visit a TBI center or a place where our service members our rehabilitating and then ask themselves before they advocate military action "is it just, is it moral, is it in defense of our country, and is it worth it".

Thank you for your time and for those that served their service.

2. Remove Ads

Suntzu...

I agree. Mostly.

The war in Iraq was necessary to the point that we "got" SH... and we should have done that soonest rather than as an afterthought.

He played his cards in GWI, and lost. He gave a marker to all the other players for his loss... he violated that marker some 13 times. He needed to pay the vig (with extreme prejudice). But that's all that should have happened.

I have the utmost respect for those who serve their country... I cannot for the life of me figure out how we can make certain that the lives given to date were not given in vain. And that hurts.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Links