DPD Sgt. Left Holding Bag Over Chick-Fil-A Sandwich

This is a discussion on DPD Sgt. Left Holding Bag Over Chick-Fil-A Sandwich within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To all the LEs out there please don't take a Chick-Fil-A to the briefing room! Dallas Police Sergeant Left Holding Bag Over Chick-Fil-A Sandwich ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: DPD Sgt. Left Holding Bag Over Chick-Fil-A Sandwich

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

To all the LEs out there please don't take a Chick-Fil-A to the briefing room!

Dallas Police Sergeant Left Holding Bag Over Chick-Fil-A Sandwich CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Unless you like night shifts!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

The DPA points out the two female officers happen to be homosexuals.
    Good grief. To paraphrase, Sometimes a chicken sandwich is just a chicken sandwich.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Welcome to the new and improved America................
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It's a shame the restaurant went political. Now people feel like they're exercising their political voice when they buy a sandwich. If your goal is to make a better world, there're a lot better ways to spend your money than to give it to a CEO. Cripes, I can supply a family with malaria nets for less than it takes to feed my family at the restaurant.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    It's a shame the restaurant went political. Now people feel like they're exercising their political voice when they buy a sandwich. If your goal is to make a better world, there're a lot better ways to spend your money than to give it to a CEO. Cripes, I can supply a family with malaria nets for less than it takes to feed my family at the restaurant.
    It is a shame that thhis thread is going to be political: FWIW the company does not discriminate against gays. We in the US have what we call freedom of speech.
    Badey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    The restaurant DID NOT go political. The CEO merely stated his own belief in traditional marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigmanluke and BurgerBoy like this.

The Dallas PD is getting to be a joke with it's "we need to balance our dept. with the ethnicity of the city" policies. It’s looking more and more like the movie police academy

Sounds like THERE MIGHT BE A LOT MORE HOMOSEXUALS IN DPA LEADERSHIP
    they convicted him before he had a hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The restaurant DID NOT go political. The CEO merely stated his own belief in traditional marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And may I add the gentleman did not bring the subject up. He was asked the question.

sgb
    The Sgt gets shafted because two lesbians find a chick-fil-a sandwiche offensive. So wrong in so many ways.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Sounds like THERE MIGHT BE A LOT MORE HOMOSEXUALS IN DPA LEADERSHIP
    they convicted him before he had a hearing.
    They just switched his shift, the hearing is forthcoming, so they're just being politically correct! Now if you want something to think about, the re-model we're doing on a PD in Mexi-Fornia has swing locker rooms listed on the plans in between the Men's and Woman's locker room. When I first ask they were for should they have more men or more women they could use these lockers. Now on a tour with the City staff it was explained that these locker were for Trans-Gender personel should they hire them or they decide to switch while employed! Seem SanFan alreadys has PD staff using similar lockers.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    Good grief. To paraphrase, Sometimes a chicken sandwich is just a chicken sandwich.

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Unknown
    atctimmy likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    To be fair and honest I will say that there is not enough information here to form an opinion. None of the details about the complaint made by the lesbian officers has been released and none of the inappropriate comments have been released. We don't know what was said and we don't know who "drew first blood". I have a guess but it's just that, a guess.

As a Government employee there are rules that cannot be broken if you want to keep your job. I won't pick a side on this until all the details are in.
    oneshot, dukalmighty and msgt/ret like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

So my question as a former union guy is why did they transfer the accused? If the investigation is not complete they should have offered the two female officers the option of a temporary transfer to another district or shift. I would have filed a grievance before the ink was dry on the memo.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So my question as a former union guy is why did they transfer the accused? If the investigation is not complete they should have offered the two female officers the option of a temporary transfer to another district or shift. I would have filed a grievance before the ink was dry on the memo.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's common practice to separate the two parties until the dust settles. IMO he probably got moved because he is a Sergeant and is superior to the complaining females. They just can't leave him in charge of two employees after a complaint is made against him.
    Last edited by atctimmy; August 11th, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling oopsie.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links