when robbery is this easy why stop?

This is a discussion on when robbery is this easy why stop? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Spirit51 Are you comparing me to a elephant?? Or is it because I am a wife. ("Honey, you never forget anything," says ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: when robbery is this easy why stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Are you comparing me to a elephant?? Or is it because I am a wife. ("Honey, you never forget anything," says the husband.)

Or is it because I am old??? That was in 1971. Do the math. Second thought DON'T do the math. As I have always said, Age is mind over matter.....I don't mind...it don't matter. Or is it that I am like a fine wine.....mellow and sweet with age. I know which one my hubby would pick....as he knows....I don't forget anything.

On a serious note....it was one of those "never forget for the rest of my life" incidents.
    Too funny… no it actually triggered a memory of me buying my dad a pack of pall-mall no filter for a quarter…. Learned a lesson a long time ago , never ask a woman her age…..back to the subject.
    I am thinking die pack that stains the money and them like the banks use… once they realize they can’t get away with the money without recourse they will change direction. Not that it helps the general public but it might slow the process down a bit
    Spirit51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I was in my 2nd year of high school

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    buying my dad a pack of pall-mall no filter for a quarter….
    I seem to remember $0.29 per gallon gas but smokes were always $0.50. lol. Dirtballs were just the same although I didn't know it yet.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Is there even the slightest possibility she was in on it? Just saying.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I will tell you the story of my only involvement in a Convenience Store hold up.

As a young mother of a 4 month old child, I jumped at the chance to go shopping with a girlfriend. On the way back we stopped at a 7-11 so I could pick up a loaf of bread for my husband's lunch the next day. It was my only money.....50 cents (yes...you could get a loaf of bread for 50 cents).

As we walked in....we immediately saw two armed men at the counter. We turned to walk out and heard, "You ladies come in now", as one pointed his gun at us. We walked to the other side of the counter so that two counters were between us and them. I eased my baby down to the ground. One guy told us to give him our money. My friend had 20 dollars left.....I had just the sad two quarters. One asked me, "Is that all you have?" I said yes....just enough for a loaf of bread.
    He laughed and came over and gave me $10.00. Then they left. I tried to give the money back to the clerk, but he said just keep it. Answered LE questions and went home. We were calm...No drama....no sudden moves and I was so scared I will never forget every detail of it. Where the robbers good guys because they gave me 10 bucks?? Hell NO! They were armed scum who shouldn't have put me and my baby...and others...in this kind of situation. I would not have been saddened by their demise.
    Were the men wearing green tights?

only joking of course...

And I remember when I was going to quit smoking... as soon as they went up to $0.50 per pack... Candy bars almost as big as the "big bars" now a days were a nickel... And there's still a store in Iowa where you can buy a gallon of milk for a dime.... as long as it's a 1964 or older silver dime...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    the old saying it true... you never forget, that must have been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago....lol
    I remember buying gas for 25 cents a gallon and you got a free glass with it.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Should of hit the panic button first
    She should of handed the cash from the register only
    Could of gotten a clean shot when they turn around to look down the aisle.

Glad it worked out for her. she may not be so lucky next time.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I was in my 2nd year of high school
    I was in my 2nd year OUT of high school. Young and dumb....but I did wise up.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I remember buying gas for 25 cents a gallon and you got a free glass with it.
    Me too.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links