Learned a few lessons at the range today...

This is a discussion on Learned a few lessons at the range today... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, we don't have an outdoor range in our city, indoor either. I have to drive 50 miles each way to shoot. As for the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Learned a few lessons at the range today...

Distinguished Member
    Well, we don't have an outdoor range in our city, indoor either. I have to drive 50 miles each way to shoot. As for the hot brass problem, many ladies would treasure enough cleavage to catch brass. I have not yet had a problem with SR9c spitting brass back at me.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    We go to a tank top optional range, I find it liberating just shooting with a holster on.
    So, I guess you're using one of them sticky holsters.

Welder's mask! Solve that problem right off!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    ladies shoot free I REALLY wanted to shoot today
    This is not right. I REALLY want to shoot free but because of a cruel twist of fate, will never experience the joy. Life is indeed cruel. The big o should do something about this injustice.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    This is not right. I REALLY want to shoot free but because of a cruel twist of fate, will never experience the joy. Life is indeed cruel. The big o should do something about this injustice.
    I'm sure he would be willing to issue an Executive Order to have the rest of us pay for your operation.

That's all of the politics I will post.

Yea, I've had hot brass go down my shirt collar and end up getting some very minor burns. You've heard of line dancing right? Well...

I invented a new range line dance, I named it.
    "The Two Step Firing Line Jig Keeping the Weapon Pointed in a Safe Direction". Best performed listening to the Bee Gee's, Jive Talking.

I don't know what's worse, getting hot brass inside the shirt, or getting popped in the forehead from ejected brass every shot?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Senior Moderator
    I think that it is a good idea to shoot in your regualr daily wear every now and then, it might make you change what you wear. But when you are trying to improve your shooting, dress in a fashion that doesn't interfer with your concentration.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

sounds like everyone had a good time for 12.00 bucks

$12/day? Holy crap, I pay $20/year and it's not uncommon for me to be the only one there.

VIP Member
    This first time that I took my wife shooting, I placed a ball-cap on her head and explained it would help keep the brass out of her cleavage.

However, being a fashion-first kind of gal (didn't want to mess up her hair), she shot without it and took hot brass on the very first magazine.
    Thunder71 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Well, we don't have an outdoor range in our city, indoor either. I have to drive 50 miles each way to shoot. As for the hot brass problem, many ladies would treasure enough cleavage to catch brass. I have not yet had a problem with SR9c spitting brass back at me.
    Is that uphill both directions??
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    This first time that I took my wife shooting, I placed a ball-cap on her head and explained it would help keep the brass out of her cleavage.

However, being a fashion-first kind of gal (didn't want to mess up her hair), she shot without it and took hot brass on the very first magazine.
    Hope you were a gentleman and fished it out for her.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My favorite girlfriend and shooting partner was told this tidbit by a very helpful Rangemaster...Don't dance; grab the shell through your shirt and pull out till it cools.
    Lish likes this.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    $12/day? Holy crap, I pay $20/year and it's not uncommon for me to be the only one there.
    And I was pleased with $12 for the day! The indoor range I usually go to is $15 or $17 for the HOUR (I forget which) which is why I only go on Mondays when ladies shoot free!!

It can also be embarassing when you bend over at the office and a shell falls out of your pocket and bounces a few times on the floor during a conference call.

... especially after a long lunch break ;)
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links