Learned a few lessons at the range today...

This is a discussion on Learned a few lessons at the range today... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i pay 100$ a year for almost unlimited range time. i never wear anything but the same t shirt and and shorts i dress in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Learned a few lessons at the range today...

i pay 100$ a year for almost unlimited range time. i never wear anything but the same t shirt and and shorts i dress in daily.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Embrace the hot brass! My wife give me the business because I wear a large USMC boone hat to deflect the spent casings. I shoot in team matches and my partner and I practice so we get hit with the spent casings. We try and get used to it so it does not become a distraction in a match. The boone hat works well. Trust me I am not a hat person.

i never leave the house with out a baseball cap. 90% of the time it's a new jersey devils hat.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I usually have a t-shirt under a polo, but I've still gotten hot brass under my collar- jammed against my neck. Or- somehow- down my shirt. And my 1911 LOVES to throw hot brass straight back into my forehead.

I once had a couple pieces of brass get stuck in my collar against my neck while I was shooting- decided it would be a good idea to try and ignore it while I finished the magazine (you know, for practicing 'real life' situations). My wife asked me what I had been doing since it kinda looked like someone had been sucking on my neck...
    Lish likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I once had a couple pieces of brass get stuck in my collar against my neck while I was shooting- decided it would be a good idea to try and ignore it while I finished the magazine (you know, for practicing 'real life' situations). My wife asked me what I had been doing since it kinda looked like someone had been sucking on my neck...
    I do that. Sweat in my eye, fly on my nose, or hot brass in my shirt, I just keep shooting. 'Jus keeping it real.

VIP Member
    Seems like the rifle brass is much hotter than pistol brass. (maybe because my H&Ks send the brass into next week)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    And I was pleased with $12 for the day! The indoor range I usually go to is $15 or $17 for the HOUR (I forget which) which is why I only go on Mondays when ladies shoot free!!
    Wow, I guess I should appreciate our outdoor range a little more - its a pubic range and FREE!! But only open on fri, sat and sun though. I bought a membership at the indoor range, like 225/yr but all my household shoots free and unlimited time. I go atleast every other week so I get my moneys worth, think its atleast $20+ hr without a membership. I couldn't imagine paying each trip.

I dream of owning enough land to have my own range out the back door though.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links