Bomb threat at work.

This is a discussion on Bomb threat at work. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It would seem that the loons are out in full swing, we had a bomb threat today. There is a salon college right across the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Bomb threat at work.

Bomb threat at work.

It would seem that the loons are out in full swing, we had a bomb threat today. There is a salon college right across the street from the university and some one left a note with a threat of a bomb. Kinda scary, and kind of interesting at the same time. I took a couple of pics with my phone. Everything turned out ok, the dogs didnt find anything. Stay safe out there...

download.jpg

download2.jpg

2. Remove Ads

We just had one here too, around Noon at the University Teaching Hospital.

Must have been test day!
    Gforty likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Had a bomb threat when I was in jr. high. They just lead us outside with the fire alarms like it was a drill. Then we stood. And stood. And stood. After a couple hours a bomb squad truck rolled up. Turns out someone had called the school district there was a bomb in one or more of the 30-something schools in the district.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Glad the threats were false.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It would seem that the loons are out in full swing, we had a bomb threat today.
    Maybe some of your fans found you.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Been there done that with the false bomb threat and having to stand outside.

At least there was no bomb.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I had a bunch of bomb threats when I was in high school. We had like 5 or 6 in one month. I believe every single person was caught. It helps when the school is covered with over 80 cameras. They had us all file out and packed us onto the bleachers, which I thought was really stupid; grouping all of the kids together onto something someone could have easily planted a bomb under. After the first one I just went home for the next few.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Maybe some of your fans found you.

Real bombers have seldom ever warned of a bomb. They just want a disruption of the location. If they really want to destroy a building without killing masses, they will blow it up at night. If they want to disrupt a business or school, they call it in during the day.

If they really wanted carnage, why bother trying to enter a building where they might get caught on camera.....just call in a threat, then let the administrators waltz all of the people out of the buildings to the unsecured parking lots....right out to the waiting car bomb.

This is the reality of the world we live in.

Most school bomb threats are made by students that want out of a test or other class....go figure....
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It would seem that the loons are out in full swing, we had a bomb threat today. There is a salon college right across the street from the university and some one left a note with a threat of a bomb. Kinda scary, and kind of interesting at the same time. I took a couple of pics with my phone. Everything turned out ok, the dogs didnt find anything. Stay safe out there...
    That's close enough to home for me! Couple of hundred miles, but close enough anyway!
    It's all part of the big picture.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I used to do business in London during the time when the IRA was very active and the "Troubles" were still very active. Bomb threats were almost a regular occurrence, at least one per week. It got to be like fire drills in school, everybody files out of the building, police search and go back in in an hour. If it happened about lunch time or later it made a great excuse to slip down into the nearest pub for a pint.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by grav View Post
    That's close enough to home for me! Couple of hundred miles, but close enough anyway!
    It was right next door to my office.....

Links