was James Homes acting alone when he shot in the theater? - Page 4

was James Homes acting alone when he shot in the theater?

This is a discussion on was James Homes acting alone when he shot in the theater? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; the 15:45 mark shows a second one on the ground and talks of more in the car...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: was James Homes acting alone when he shot in the theater?

the 15:45 mark shows a second one on the ground and talks of more in the car

VIP Member
    What cameras. Show me ONE TINY BIT OF PROOF - and not the smirk of a guy in the background of a press conference - that there are cameras. Show me ANYTHING. A bill of sale. A purchase order. Installation records. A pimply kid who sells popcorn that says they're there. ANYTHING. But....you can't. Because they aren't there. And the fact that you are now - and I assume with a straight face - talking about "government mind control" tells me that I need to get out of this conversation before I say something...more emotional.

Cheers, and have a wonderful life of unmitigated paranoia. Cognitive dissonance ain't just a river in Egypt...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I listened from the 15:00 minute point past the twenty minute point. I do not hear any officer say anything about a second gas mask. The only references I see to a second mask are graphics that are not attributed to anyone. So at this point it looks like the only source saying there is a second mask is the producer of this video.
    Do we know if this guy is even in Colorado?
    Is there any source, like an officer, media report, or witness statement (someone who can be confirmed as actually being there) that makes any reference to a second mask?
    The only mask I have ever seen photographs of is the one by the evidence marker that Holmes was wearing when confronted by the officer.

ETA: If that one by the evidence marker is the second one, where is the first one?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810;2357519[B
    ]I listened from the 15:00 minute point past the twenty minute point. I do not hear any officer say anything about a second gas mask. [/B]The only references I see to a second mask are graphics that are not attributed to anyone. So at this point it looks like the only source saying there is a second mask is the producer of this video.
    Do we know if this guy is even in Colorado?
    Is there any source, like an officer, media report, or witness statement (someone who can be confirmed as actually being there) that makes any reference to a second mask?
    The only mask I have ever seen photographs of is the one by the evidence marker that Holmes was wearing when confronted by the officer.

ETA: If that one by the evidence marker is the second one, where is the first one?
    just past the 15:? mark you see a gas mask ON THE GROUNG and when they arrested homes he had a gas mask ON then a at the 17:00 mark you hear the officer saying "we have multiable guns and gas masks and a taser and an open door to the theater"

The mask on the ground is the one he was wearing.
    They stripped his gear off him when they arrested him. That gear was all photographed later in the day after the sun came up. Reuters has pictures of all his gear on the ground and AP has video shot from a helicopter later that morning. One thing that conspiracy types might also try to play with is how different some of the pictures look. When using a long telephoto lense you lose depth of field. It brings everything closer to you and compresses the aparent distances between foreground and background objects. So from one angle two objects may look like they are sitting side by side while in reality, and if viewed from another angle, they are several feet apart.

As far as what the officer said, I don't have the nice fancy digital gear we had back at my old comm center, I will try to find a copy and something to clean it up, but what I hear is the officer saying "yes, We've got rifles, gas mask, (unintelligible possibly he has shin guards or he's detained here) now, I've got an open door going into the theater."

I guess I'm not all concerned about some huge government conspiracy - I agree that the likelihood of that is minimal because of how lousy we are at keeping any secrets among "professionals" with clearances, much less a theater full of witnesses and a crowd of LE/Med responders. That's why I'm absolutely sure, for instance, that Flight 93 wasn't shot down. Can you imagine keeping everyone quiet when an F-16 comes home missing an AIM-120? Pilots, controllers, maintenance, ammo, inventory, planewatchers, etc etc etc... unless you have James Earl Jones to do the deep voice, flip-top, Jedi "I was never here" trick, somebody's going to talk.

But what I am concerned with is incompetence or incompleteness of an investigation, and a rush to a plausible solution. That, I've seen a lot of, and the likelihood of such often increases with the visibility of a case due to political pressures. Sure, there are likely very good answers for where the $$ came from (grants, subprime credit, mommy's bank account, or lucrative Facebook investments, perhaps), and why he spent all the effort rigging his room like a PLO/IRA/AQ love triangle and then told the police "Careful about that first step - it's a doozy!" and how they could be absolutely sure that he didn't have any help and wasn't part of a bigger team that either stumbled or chickened out. Hopefully, we'll hear those answers if the guy ever goes to trial.

Various media outlets have filed papers to have the gag order at least partially lifted. Waiting on a decision from the judge last I heard. Part of what they are asking for is an inventory of the gear he had at the theater.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links