Would you shoot Bigfoot? - Page 4

Would you shoot Bigfoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot Bigfoot? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I carry a j-frame, so I'm sure my five shots would not be enough. (BigDude may disagree)....

View Poll Results: Would you shoot Bigfoot

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's scary and I'll be famous

19 13.77%
  • No, he's a misunderstood creature

14 10.14%
  • I'll shoot only if he attacks me

105 76.09%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Would you shoot Bigfoot?

VIP Member
    I carry a j-frame, so I'm sure my five shots would not be enough.

(BigDude may disagree).

I'd honestly be scared. I would either not have enough gun or get trashed by it by the time I could put a bead on it for the second time. I've see a kid with no legs disappear into a head row of corn on a rainy MI night while driving. I am very open minded. Hell, we had a bear a mile from my house. It's completely unheard of. MI finally admitted the presence of mountain lions in the state. Can they exist, I think so. Would I shoot it. Better question would I survive to talk about. Given my perception of what I think it looks like I picture a M1 Garand in .375 H&H.

In The State of Washington it is illegal to shoot or harrass bigfoot.

"Some local authorities have moved to protect Bigfoot. In Skamania County, Washington, it is illegal to kill a Bigfoot under penalty of $1,000 fine and five years in jail. The Sioux Indians, who called Bigfoot "Taku he", have forbidden hunting of him on their ground. "

Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    In The State of Washington it is illegal to shoot or harrass bigfoot.

"Some local authorities have moved to protect Bigfoot. In Skamania County, Washington, it is illegal to kill a Bigfoot under penalty of $1,000 fine and five years in jail. The Sioux Indians, who called Bigfoot "Taku he", have forbidden hunting of him on their ground. "
    Fort Lewis is a really BIG post. I've lost count of the number of times I settled down my platoon into a defensive night perimeter, got all my LP/OP's out and my crew served weapons set with interlocking fields of fire... finally able to snatch a few minutes of snooze time and some pfc swears he's got a SQUATCH to his direct front 100 meters out from the LP/OP. Can he inform his squad leader or the plt sgt? NOOOOOO he's gotta speak to the LT! I usually made this deal: If I walk out there and it really is a 10 foot tall hairy guy weighing 800 pounds and using trees for toothpicks, (and assuming it's NOT the Rangers skulking around) I'll give you a four day pass. BUT if I walk out there and jump up a deer, elk or somebody's lost cow, then you owe me a month of cleaning the barracks every weekend. My platoon area was the cleanest in the battalion. They always went for it and I always scared up a four footed critter, not a bipedal hairy guy and rarely a Ranger. You know, the Rangers and some of the SF guys have had some eerie encounters out there, too.

OTOH: I have had some really eerie and unexplainable experiences in those woods. Really REALLY into the steep and the deep woods. I don't care to discuss this stuff further. It just gave me the creeps, sometimes. But, I kinda doubt that state law could be enforced on a military reservation. Back when I was on active duty, most all of us junior officers (up to 03) carried live ammo in a separate pocket of their ruck, just in case. Sometimes we carried spare M16 mags and sometimes we carried a belt or two of live M60 ammo. I kinda think 100rds of sizzlin' 7.62x51 ammo into a SQUATCH would do the trick. Especially with a 4 in 1 mix of tracer to ball.

Some stuff on this: BFRO Report 9385: Former Special Forces soldier has late night sighting through window not far from Colorado River, BFRO Report 1258: Sighting by Army personnel on manuevers, BFRO Report 6486: Special Forces team follows bipedal trackway, gets screamed at, an interesting YOU TUBE audio. Listen hard: Bigfoot Yell - YouTube Whatever it is sounds really B-I-G.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ramitupurs84 View Post
    I'd honestly be scared. I would either not have enough gun or get trashed by it by the time I could put a bead on it for the second time. I've see a kid with no legs disappear into a head row of corn on a rainy MI night while driving. I am very open minded. Hell, we had a bear a mile from my house. It's completely unheard of. MI finally admitted the presence of mountain lions in the state. Can they exist, I think so. Would I shoot it. Better question would I survive to talk about. Given my perception of what I think it looks like I picture a M1 Garand in .375 H&H.
    When I bought my hand cannon, my wife asked what I wanted it for. I replied: Honey we COULD be at the mall and be attacked by a rampaging POLAR BEAR (in Miami, FL) or a rogue SASQUATCH. Okay it's unlikely, but it COULD happen! I honestly don't feel under gunned with this baby anywhere....
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Only if he didn't bring enough jerky for two.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    They may also be toothless, and play the banjo on the porch LOL!
    Leave my N. Georgia in-laws out of this!
    ExSoldier likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Actually in order to prove that they exist beyond any doubt you would have to shoot one. If their numbers are so few that shooting one would ultimately affect their survival then they are already doomed to eventual extinction.

SO...shooting one could preserve their DNA for future cloning.

Of course there is always the chance that you would be shooting a man in a gorilla suit in which case the authorities would be destroying your DNA after they booked you on a Murder charge.

There is one guy that swears that he shot one with a high powered hunting rifle and the bullet passed right through it.

They may be Holograms or Inter-dimensional or they may be cyborg type work/slave creatures created by aliens who cannot personally tolerate our atmosphere or conditions here on Earth or are too weak to perform manual tasks themselves.
    ExSoldier likes this.

Teddy Roosevelt wrote of a bigfoot encounter in Northern California in the 1800s. He said one killed a trapper and ran the trapper's friend out of the region. Mark my words. Someday, one of them critters is gonna kill a person. Why? Maybe because we're rapidly encroaching on their habitat. Or our chemicals are killing their general environment. I dunno, but the more I read, the more often the encounters are tense and aggressive. Finding Bigfoot on the Animal Planet channel is one of my favorite shows. I can't believe those guys go into the woods with only a thermal camera. They pretty well KNOW the critter is omnivorous and probably prefers deer MEAT. If you're gonna go looking for the critter that's 10 ft tall, weighs 600-800 pounds and is liable to be irritated with YOU, you might want to tote something a bit more assertive in the way of deterrence.
    Attached Images
    QKShooter and gottabkiddin like this.

Does "bigfoot exist?" I really don't know but at almost 70 years old I have learned to "Never say Never"
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

I shoot to defend or eat,If there is a Bigfoot species I don't think killing one to prove it exists is anything more than trying to make a name for yourself,In every encounter that people have recounted upon seeing one they run the other way so killing something that pretty much seems to be happy being left alone deserves to be left alone.
    If I happened to see a real Bigfoot I would be shocked and amazed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I prefer the added entertainment to my hiking experience and i would shoot the ground around Big Foots feet causing him to moon dance while video rolls.A billion hits on Utube and an interview with Meygn Kelly on Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    They may be Holograms or Inter-dimensional or they may be cyborg type work/slave creatures created by aliens who cannot personally tolerate our atmosphere or conditions here on Earth or are too weak to perform manual tasks themselves.
    Hey, QK? You ummmm, ever thought about writing for publication or production? That is some OUTSIDE THE BOX imagination you've got there!

Administrator
    I do believe that there is something out there. Of course some of the sightings are hoaxes but, some obviously are not.
    All we really need is one sighting that is not a hoax and creature sightings go back hundreds of years spanning different Earth populations that were never in communication with one another. And the creatures in various drawings and pictographs are amazingly similar.
    But, I don't believe that they are anything that could have survived for hundreds of thousand years in great enough numbers to remain so undetected.
    Some fossilized remains would have been found by now somewhere on the planet.

I do believe that very small numbers of some large creature could have been here for perhaps 500 or more years while remaining (as of yet) undiscovered with regard to concrete evidence other than random sightings.

So then there is the question: Where did they come from and how are they here if they are not native to the planet and did not evolve here?

They have to come from someplace else and it's a huge universe.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'd shoot and auction him off.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links