Would you shoot Bigfoot? - Page 5

Would you shoot Bigfoot?

This is a discussion on Would you shoot Bigfoot? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I do believe that there is something out there. Of course some of the sightings are hoaxes but, some obviously are ...

View Poll Results: Would you shoot Bigfoot

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's scary and I'll be famous

19 13.77%
  • No, he's a misunderstood creature

14 10.14%
  • I'll shoot only if he attacks me

105 76.09%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Would you shoot Bigfoot?

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I do believe that there is something out there. Of course some of the sightings are hoaxes but, some obviously are not.
    All we really need is one sighting that is not a hoax and creature sightings go back hundreds of years spanning different Earth populations that were never in communication with one another. And the creatures in various drawings and pictographs are amazingly similar.
    But, I don't believe that they are anything that could have survived for hundreds of thousand years in great enough numbers to remain so undetected.
    Some fossilized remains would have been found by now somewhere on the planet.

I do believe that very small numbers of some large creature could have been here for perhaps 500 or more years while remaining (as of yet) undiscovered with regard to concrete evidence other than random sightings.

So then there is the question: Where did they come from and how are they here if they are not native to the planet and did not evolve here?

They have to come from someplace else and it's a huge universe.

There are some really good theories & lines of thought about this. But, religious discussions aren't allowed here. However, descendants of Cain has been mentioned. One other line of thought is descents of Nephalim. To me, I do believe in the latter.

I have encountered them on several occasions while camping/hunting in remote wilderness areas around the country. Each time I did get a strong sense of something more "angel" like than human or animal. I never felt any danger from them whatsoever. I have heard the stories about BAD bf encounters. But, that hasn't been my experience.

(If they are descendants of Nephalim or some other "divine" creature, it would help explain why there is not much fossil evidence. It would also explain some of their seemingly supernatural abilities. If they are descendants of "CAIN" it could be possible for them to live hundreds if not a thousand years.)

There are a whole lot of us that do KNOW they are out there. (Some people even have mutual interactions with them.) But, we still get mocked & ridiculed by people; so most of us keep our mouth shut about the subject. We are not crazy or dumb hillbillies. Personally, I come from a family of professional hunters. I'm also have a background in Wildlife Biology.

-

What's a nephalim?
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    What's a nephalim?
    Giants: the product of human and angel sexual union.

I wouldn't shoot unless I was in fear of my life. As others have said, it might be someone in a suit trying to play a hoax or something.

Another option is to try to capture one and train it to do my laundry. With a pregnant wife, I'm having to do more than I'd like to around the house.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    What's a nephalim?
    Link:
    Who Were the Nephilim?
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I was a mountain guide in the Northwest for years before moving to Nebraska (don't ask I still don't know why ).

On the numerous occasions when I had encounters with Bigfoot (they don't like the term btw) they were mostly neutral. They aren't well spoken and they don't like jerky. They do have a sense of humor that I found kinda dry. I wouldn't put it past one to lose his temper if you didn't laugh at his jokes. It's sorta like listening to an anti-gun liberal talk about gun laws...your familiar with them but they don't make any sense.

Anyway I think you would have to have some serious ammo just to slow one down. I discovered quite by accident that they are deathly afraid of M&M's and Reeses's Pieces for some reason. So to answer your question:

I would reese for my piece and pump some red M&M's into him, but only if I was having one of those humorless, can't take another Bigmouth..I mean Bigfoot gunlaw...I mean joke

No braincells were harmed in the making of this comment.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Some pretty funny comments on this thread!

I was stationed at McChord AFB, WA for a few years and did a lot of camping and hiking. What's funny is that during the day it was fun to joke about Bigfoot, but at night, sleeping in a backpacker's tent, all you could think about was Bigfoot coming to rip your arms out of your sockets...

BTW: I'd only shoot if attacked.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

I never shoot at big foot. She has just as much right to shop at my local Walmart as any of the other strange beings I see there.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I wonder how tough a Bigfoot's hide would be? Do they wear tree bark armor? What would be the best ammo?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If you believe what you read, Bigfoot can certainly be dangerous. He throws big rocks at people. He looks dangerous. If he were humanoid, I think he would have taken some opportunity to meet the neighbors by now.

I'll use a line out of the newspapers:

I'll shoot him in the leg! Once crippled, I've got plenty of time to babysit until the officials show up.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Depends on if he was OC'ing or not.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

you better check your state regulations, in some states he/she is considered an exotic

Shoot Bigfoot In Texas? It's Legal!
    "I could never shoot one," he told the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram. "But Bigfoot is like Tony Romo. Either you love him or you hate him. With Bigfoot, either you want to protect him or you want one as a specimen."
    Shoot Bigfoot In Texas? It's Legal!
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Bigfoot is most likely either very human- intelligence, personality, conscious thought- or very animal- instinctive, potentially violent if it perceives threat, territorial.

It's not legal to kill a human unless they threaten your life- which Bigfoot most likely won't do if he's very human. It is also illegal to hunt (kill) most animals outside of their specified 'season'... I haven't seen anything regarding a 'Bigfoot season'.

That would kinda make it illegal- and very immoral either way.
    Really good question actually. I think most of it would depend on your state and it's regulations. In MT, any animal not classified as a game animal would be good to shoot whenever. The bigger question would be, "is he classified as a human?" Again, state to state probably varies. More than likely, he would be classified as an ape, which in MT would not fall under any game species. IMO, you'd be good to shoot him here, but I doubt I would unless I was being threatened. #1 reason would be that I have no idea how effective my rounds would be against him. I might just tick him off, and a giant angry ape is not something I want to deal with.

All that being said, I do not believe Bigfoot is real. Personally, I'm more concerned with yotes, wolves, bears, etc, wile I'm camping. A giant ape is the furthest thing from my mind.

tcox4freedom likes this.

My pet, just like Harry and the Hendersons.

NO,,,, probably a RELATIVE.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links