Post 9/11 GI Bill

This is a discussion on Post 9/11 GI Bill within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Almost every vet should know this but some do not (talked to a neighbor today and he never heard of the post 9/11 GI Bill). ...

Thread: Post 9/11 GI Bill

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Almost every vet should know this but some do not (talked to a neighbor today and he never heard of the post 9/11 GI Bill). If you are eligible you are nuts to not take advantage of it. If you go to college full time you get BAH for an E5. That means for me 1300.00 a month. Free tuition and books and a 1000 dollar a year stipend.

It can also be used for certifications and liscening. FLight training, non degree programs and vocational training is also authorized. You can get a reduced housing allowance if you only take coursed online.

I hope this helps out those vets that might not have heard of this benefit or did not know it covers many certifications.

2. Remove Ads

Great program , my son is taking advantage of it .

Program is great opportunity for all our young vets. My daughter is also taking advantage. Still in the Guard and on active duty for another couple weeks, back day before classes start.

I'm using my Chapter 33 (post 9/11 GI Bill) now. I don't get the free books though, just the $250 per semester book stipend. It has helped me out in a big way, I have finished my A.A.S. and am only about a year out from having my B.S.
    Libertas Vel Mors

Great! Glad we're takin' some care of our vets... Now let's make sure there aren't any homeless vets or vets in need of medical care.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Links