What Are We Becoming - Sickening

This is a discussion on What Are We Becoming - Sickening within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sigh. This makes no kind of sense. Let's punish people for being kind. Yeah. Okay. :/...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What Are We Becoming - Sickening

Sigh. This makes no kind of sense. Let's punish people for being kind. Yeah. Okay. :/
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoldoc View Post
    Sigh. This makes no kind of sense. Let's punish people for being kind. Yeah. Okay. :/
    Yup, pure nonsense. There's not many things that surprise or shock me anymore but this did.

I'm glad the news covered this story because I'm sure people will seek her out to donate to her cause. I will be.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

She's competiting with the Govt... and the Govt doesn't want competition. My God, what would happen to "aide" and "welfare" if that happened.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Playing devils advocate: If she had been left alone to feed the children and someone got sick people would be up in arms about how the health department did not do their jobs. Sometimes we are the problem.

Michael

I think the government is scared she might bring up a bunch who might follow her instead of the gov.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I'll play devils advocate also,with the amount of money that we spend on welfare/food stamps why are these kids going hungry.It might be they fall betweeen the cracks on the Income cutoff level etc.But then again it's highly more likely that Mom and or Dad are using the aid to drink and drug since most active addicts really don't take very good care of their kids.
    I guess this is just a Summer Program since from my understanding these kids would get a free breakfast and lunch during school.Something that didn't happen back in the 70's,no breakfast but reduced price or free for people that qualified
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Welcome to the new and improved America..............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Sounds pretty typical of local municipalities to me.

One interesting point is that she is visited by a state agency every two weeks or so, with no problems. It's just the local government that has a wild hair for this woman. I would bet that someone on her block is not to thrilled about her helping out the needy. Shame, shame, shame!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links