What Are We Becoming - Sickening

This is a discussion on What Are We Becoming - Sickening within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; - Woman lives in under-privileged area - Lots of hungry kids - Woman partners with Catholic Church to feed kids a free lunch each day ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What Are We Becoming - Sickening

VIP Member

- Woman lives in under-privileged area

- Lots of hungry kids

- Woman partners with Catholic Church to feed kids a free lunch each day

- Township wants to shut her down – activity illegal

- Is this really what we are becoming???

Philadelphia woman faces $600-a-day fine for feeding needy neighborhood kids | Fox News

I hope the voters fire the pasty-faced old fart that is too dang lazy to give a darn!!!
    JerryMac likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

She should be "shut down", that is the Government's job to feed people. *Sarcasm*

This seems to be a trend with Government these days, they want to have their hand in everything and control all. We need to get these Jack Booted thugs out of office and like now.
    thephanatik, hogdaddy and rstanek like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

...that's Philly for you.

Distinguished Member
    Perhaps we should take up a collection to help cover those "administrative fees" so this wonderful woman can continue feeding the kids. It might even generate a little *good* PR for responsible gun owners ;)

We could call it "Project AAAH" (Armed Americans Against Hunger)

[Sorry.. that's the best I can do this early in the day]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

It is sad , but yes, this is what we are becomeing, lets send the money overseas, and let our own go hungry.....let our eldery do without, our vetereans do without. it is time we take america back, my theory is VOTE, VOTE VOTE VOTE. AND I will not vote for encumbants.....it is time for a lot of new faces.
    I wish there were a way we could get our real leaders back, or like minded....lets not stop the American Dream, even for those who want it, but lets stop hindering americans, by showing favoritism to those who show up at our borders with their hand out, by borrowing money from China or whoever will lend it to us, just so we can give it out in aid to other contires.... there is so much nonsense going on in Washington, I honestly think that it is the normal there, and there is not a lot that can honestly be done...other than VOTE !!!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

VIP Member
    These kids are right across the Walt Whitman, and probably have a sympathetic grand to spare:
    $500,000 for New Jersey school kids forced to eat on floor - Yahoo! News
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Ya know, I've been banging the "Let's vote 'em all out" gong for a looong time... and that's certainly a good start....

but here's something else to consider....

All the little "plebes" that do the government's bidding... All the administrators that enforce the laws and the codes and the programs the elected representatives pass into being for our "common good". Most of these guys aren't elected... they're appointed... and many of them have been appointed by administrations long gone... But they stay in their little fiefdoms... and are truly the "power behind the throne" the mini prime ministers... in charge of various little divisions of government... Zoning... public welfare ...streets... parks... sanitary... animal control... et cetera... et cetera... et cetera...

They wield a huge amount of power, they insulate the "Lords" of the city, county, state, and country from the masses of serfs who must comply or be "put in the stocks" for their crimes against "society"... like feeding the children without a permit...

This article.. and the video... actually brought a tear to my eye... and all I could see in that pasty fasted plebe was a Pharisee of old....

Sickening... NO... Reviling... nauseating... disheartening...

and the following from thesaurus dot com:
    abominable, animal, appalling, awful, beast, bestial, detestable, disgusting, dreadful, frightful, ghastly, grim, grisly, gross*, gruesome, hateful, horrendous, horrid, loathsome, macabre, monstrous, morbid, nasty, odious, offensive, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, shocking, sick, sickening, terrible, terrifying, ugly, uncomely, unsightly, weird

This is the only part of Ayn Randian theory I believe in.... it is not the people who undermine the free market system, it is these jackwagons.

and again, you might take a look at the book in my sig line... this is what is happening to America.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

A tyrannical governing few wants to be in the food business. It's a great choke point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm of the opinion that the help-chain should go as follows: family - friends - churches - NPOs. I don't believe the government should belong there. I don't believe the role or responsibility of the government is to "take care of" anyone, but only to provide the opportunity for people to take care of themselves and each other.

This story is disheartening but not surprising. This lady represents competition for the government and that cannot be tolerated.
    joker1, WHEC724 and packinnova like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    She should be "shut down", that is the Government's job to feed people.
    Unfortunately our government is NOW trying to KEEP GOOD AMERICANS from helping those who just need
    a helping hand,,,,, and create a new life style for the needy,,,,, government dependency.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    These kids are right across the Walt Whitman, and probably have a sympathetic grand to spare:
    $500,000 for New Jersey school kids forced to eat on floor - Yahoo! News
    Can we get the grand out of their lawyers?

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Ya know, I've been banging the "Let's vote 'em all out" gong for a looong time... and that's certainly a good start....

but here's something else to consider....

All the little "plebes" that do the government's bidding... All the administrators that enforce the laws and the codes and the programs the elected representatives pass into being for our "common good". Most of these guys aren't elected... they're appointed... and many of them have been appointed by administrations long gone... But they stay in their little fiefdoms... and are truly the "power behind the throne" the mini prime ministers... in charge of various little divisions of government... Zoning... public welfare ...streets... parks... sanitary... animal control... et cetera... et cetera... et cetera...

They wield a huge amount of power, they insulate the "Lords" of the city, county, state, and country from the masses of serfs who must comply or be "put in the stocks" for their crimes against "society"... like feeding the children without a permit...

This article.. and the video... actually brought a tear to my eye... and all I could see in that pasty fasted plebe was a Pharisee of old....

Sickening... NO... Reviling... nauseating... disheartening...

and the following from thesaurus dot com:
    abominable, animal, appalling, awful, beast, bestial, detestable, disgusting, dreadful, frightful, ghastly, grim, grisly, gross*, gruesome, hateful, horrendous, horrid, loathsome, macabre, monstrous, morbid, nasty, odious, offensive, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, shocking, sick, sickening, terrible, terrifying, ugly, uncomely, unsightly, weird

This is the only part of Ayn Randian theory I believe in.... it is not the people who undermine the free market system, it is these jackwagons.

and again, you might take a look at the book in my sig line... this is what is happening to America.

..."ditto"

VIP Member
    I can't wait to see how this one ends.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I can't wait to see how this one ends.
    My guess is that the woman that's feeding the kids has already received more than enough donations to make certain she can file for the "variance" and feed a lot more kids as well... or she soon will have received enough... and, of course Uncle Sam will be there with his hand out for the vig (also known as taxes) for the money she receives... because she is not a Non-Profit 501(c)...
    OD* likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It's the Lawyers that create the problems. They have created a tangled web of laws and then they get paid to decipher them. Then they sue people who don't abide by them. Changes happen at a snails pace no matter who the 'figure head' is who gets voted into office.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links