Model Citizens, NOT!!!!

Model Citizens, NOT!!!!

This is a discussion on Model Citizens, NOT!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A Victoria man was arrested on the weekend after he tried to stop police officers arresting his girlfriend. About midnight Saturday, Victoria police chased down ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By RKflorida

Thread: Model Citizens, NOT!!!!

VIP Member

Thumbs down Model Citizens, NOT!!!!

A Victoria man was arrested on the weekend after he tried to stop police officers arresting his girlfriend.

About midnight Saturday, Victoria police chased down a woman on Pandora Avenue who was wanted on a warrant and was violating her curfew from an earlier charge. Her boyfriend demanded police stop the arrest process and struck an officer on the arm.

As he was being arrested, a small amount of heroin fell out of his pocket. It was his 556th encounter with police.

Both the man and woman face drug charges and assault of a peace officer.

Read more: Man arrested after scuffle with police

From my local paper.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Well, with those tough new "five hundred and fifty seven strikes and you're out" laws, he'd better mind his Ps and Qs from now on!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    A Victoria man was arrested on the weekend after he tried to stop police officers arresting his girlfriend.

About midnight Saturday, Victoria police chased down a woman on Pandora Avenue who was wanted on a warrant and was violating her curfew from an earlier charge. Her boyfriend demanded police stop the arrest process and struck an officer on the arm.

As he was being arrested, a small amount of heroin fell out of his pocket. It was his 556th encounter with police.

Both the man and woman face drug charges and assault of a peace officer.

Read more: Man arrested after scuffle with police

From my local paper.
    Makes no sense to arrest him again.Why waste the taxpayers money?

Michael

What a waste. 556 arrests and I question why he is even alive.
    mano3 likes this.

Doesn't give his age but that has to be at least one encounter or more every month,this guy takes it to an extreme,Sounds like he needs to spend some time on a chain gang since we seem to be treating criminals with kid gloves
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    What a waste. 556 arrests and I question why he is even alive.
    To be fair, it doesn't say 556 arrests, just "encounters with the police." Depending on how you interpret that, I could maybe have 20 "encounters with the police" and I've never been arrested, or in any trouble of the sort.

Still, I tend to think that most of this guys "encounters" didn't happen along the lines of my "encounters."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Yup, even though 556 encounters doesn't mean 556 arrests/charges, anyone who has that much contact with police who isn't LEO is obviously a habitual criminal who will likely never reform.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    To be fair, it doesn't say 556 arrests, just "encounters with the police." Depending on how you interpret that, I could maybe have 20 "encounters with the police" and I've never been arrested, or in any trouble of the sort.

Still, I tend to think that most of this guys "encounters" didn't happen along the lines of my "encounters."
    If the police were counting, they were more than the typical encounter you or I would have.

It'd be interesting to see his rap sheet. I didn't see an age but still, my guess is the majority of them would all be misdemeanors if he's still out walking around.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links