VERY BAD....Does this seem scary to you? Black Panther threat. - Page 4

VERY BAD....Does this seem scary to you? Black Panther threat.

This is a discussion on VERY BAD....Does this seem scary to you? Black Panther threat. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What is unfortunate is that this group has the backing of our elected officials based on race alone.....IMO. This gives them an artificial sense of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: VERY BAD....Does this seem scary to you? Black Panther threat.

What is unfortunate is that this group has the backing of our elected officials based on race alone.....IMO. This gives them an artificial sense of security....that they can do or say whatever they want with no threat of repriesal.
    New Election Comming............

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    why is it people think the Confederate flag has anything to do with race? Its a symbol of Southern heritage, culture and indendence from large government oppression. I grew up in Illinois and I know this. If you want to view it as a racial thing, then your getting all bent for nothing. Its not.
    It's the same reason why the nazi symbol has the connotation that it does. Maybe you admire it because it stood for military might. Or a political system you agreed with or whatever. But it also stood for genocide. Same with the confederate flag. Sure, it's southern heritage... But it's also the flag of the side in the most defining conflict in our nations history that partially fought that conflict over the right to enslave other human beings. I've heard people say "Heritage, not hate." Well, sorry but a decent chunk of the Souths heritage is slavery.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The symbol that you equate with the Nazi's was originally used by Native American Tribes......ie. Mohawks in the 18th century.....maybe you knew that.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Nor whether they proselytize in red or in blue...

But the "conservative" hate spewers don't broadcast, they go underground and plot with like minded individuals.

Well, with the exception of real conservatives, say like Westboro church, and some Klan....

There is a fine line between the two extremes.
    Westboro "Church" is neither Conservative OR a church. I am not playing this "Oh yeah, these people may be bad, but the other side is just as bad". Get sick of this little game. I don't know any Conservative or Republican who would claim those hate groups. Many of them are Libertarian.....but I don't hold that against the Libertarians.

As a matter of history.....KKK was started by Democrats.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The symbol taht you equate with the Nazi's was originally used by Native American Tribes......ie. Mohawks in the 18th century.....maybe you knew that.
    OK, so all you 18th century Mohawks reading this get a pass on the hochenkreutz.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Thank You.....................we appreciate it.

The symbol that you equate with the Nazi's was originally used by Native American Tribes......ie. Mohawks in the 18th century.....maybe you knew that.
    Your history is off a little. Google it and you'll see the swastika is way older than the 18th century. But that wasn't his point in the first place.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

OD*
    It's even much older than that, it was used often in ancient India.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Stopping the hate starts with each one of us. Making claims about one 'side' or the other just throws fuel on the fire. I can sit down with any human being and have a civil conversation but I refuse to engage in hate mongoring. It serves no purpose except to fan the fire of hate.
    Rollo, Lish, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

I'm not that old...................but old enough to remember when I lived in New Haven Conn. in the early 70's when Huey Newton was on trial there and the BPP staged a demonstration by surrounding the Court House in New Haven.
    Wasn't scary then either..............

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    Stopping the hate starts with each one of us. Making claims about one 'side' or the other just throws fuel on the fire. I can sit down with any human being and have a civil conversation but I refuse to engage in hate mongoring. It serves no purpose except to fan the fire of hate.
    Someone buy this guy/gal a beer.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's the same reason why the nazi symbol has the connotation that it does. Maybe you admire it because it stood for military might. Or a political system you agreed with or whatever. But it also stood for genocide. Same with the confederate flag. Sure, it's southern heritage... But it's also the flag of the side in the most defining conflict in our nations history that partially fought that conflict over the right to enslave other human beings. I've heard people say "Heritage, not hate." Well, sorry but a decent chunk of the Souths heritage is slavery.
    I see....so the Confederate Flag is a no-no because it stands for something you choose to make it to be from 150 years ago, but a blatant statement in current times by the Black Panthers stating they are going to kill the "whitey" is ok because you are so desensitized to the whole race thing. Got it.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Westboro "Church" is neither Conservative OR a church. I am not playing this "Oh yeah, these people may be bad, but the other side is just as bad". Get sick of this little game. I don't know any Conservative or Republican who would claim those hate groups. Many of them are Libertarian.....but I don't hold that against the Libertarians.

As a matter of history.....KKK was started by Democrats.
    That was sarcasm, dear.

If you will harken back to the 70's you will recall some folks protesting the war in 'Nam. A small percentage of the folks that were opposed to the war, bunch of liberals! That is until LBJ realized that he'd lost the "silent majority" or "middle America"...

In some ways, these vocal minority (I don't mean racial minorities) speak for a silent majority, sometimes they speak only for the fringe.

The truth usually resides smack dab in the middle.

As to the KKK and the democrats... It was a whole different world back then. And the parties were completely different, as well.

Small "factoids" don't speak the whole truth, usually ever.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Thread moved to Off Topic as it is not specifically related to the defensive use of arms by good guys.

Also note: This thread has wandered off the topic of the original post, which in itself is of questionable merit here, into politics and race relations. Bring it back to the original question, or it gets locked down.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I don't know any Conservative or Republican who would claim those hate groups.
    Ya don't say... It's not like the liberals are tripping over themselves to claim the panthers... Why does it have to be a political ideology? Why can't we just call a spade a spade and a moron a moron? Why do we have to attach a label (other than ignorant hate mongering douchesicles) to these groups or people. You don't "claim" the westboro baptist dirtbags.. I don't claim the black panthers. Although many people would have me believe that you do because your a conservative and you believe that I do because I'm a liberal. The current climate of today is to to to put a label on everything and it only serves to divide us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links