Online dating story

This is a discussion on Online dating story within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As I was looking for the appropriate forum to post this, I could not find the "Firearms and dating" forum, so it goes here I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Online dating story

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Online dating story

As I was looking for the appropriate forum to post this, I could not find the "Firearms and dating" forum, so it goes here I guess.

I live in Portland. I am on a dating website and found a lady who lives in Seattle. It just so happens that I am going up to Seattle this weekend to take the Intensive Handgun class from Insights. I email this lady to tell her I will be in Seattle taking a class and this might be a good time to meet for the first time.

We talked on the phone a bit today and the conversation went something like this:

Her: What I do for a living?

Me: I write software.

Her: So you are taking a software class?

Me: Uh, no, but I don't want to make you nervous.

Her: You can't.

Me: OK, well, I am taking a firearms class and I.....

Her: OMG, I am an NRA member myself.

I actually haven't met this lady, but now I have even more reason to. I guess it was better than the other lady hanging up on me.
    Last edited by ExactlyMyPoint; August 16th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Ha! Well done. Back when I was dating, when asked what I did when I wasn't working, I answered "I'm a civil rights activist." I just didn't get into which civil rights I specialized in until many dates later!

So you'll have to get together to compare membership cards!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sounds like she has definite potential! Good luck!
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Ha! Well done. Back when I was dating, when asked what I did when I wasn't working, I answered "I'm a civil rights activist." I just didn't get into which civil rights I specialized in until many dates later!

So you'll have to get together to compare membership cards!
    I like it. Called myself a Constitutionalist a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I guess it was better than the other lady hanging up on me.
    Was it before or after you divulged you were a computer geek/nerd/dweebe? Did you drop the NRA/firearms/ninja bomb early? The squeaky voice?

Hm. Being on the phone, it couldn't have been the Aqua Velva ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Advice from QKShooter.

Don't talk to her at all about computer software or at least stop talking immediately at the very first indication of a yawn.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Now you don't have to run away if she tells you she has a virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member
    How lucky can a guy be? Hope you have a great weekend.

Sounds like an experience I had with a woman I started going out with. About the 4th date, I needed to tell her.... due to the situation, and advised her " I have something to tell you " .... whereupon I told her I had a CC license and carried a gun. The reaction, I was not expecting....... she was thrilled and said "SO DO I , and raised her shirt enough so that I saw the gun she was carrying IWB.

However, it ended after the 8th "date", when I discovered something that I didn't know about her up to that point...... she made a comment she didn't intend to make. I discovered thru that conversation, she was married and had been lieing about being single. That made me "think" , what if her husband had ever appeared, angry... etc... and I didn't even know she had a husband.

So .. NOW .... I do a search thru a friend of the court records, to make sure if they say they are "divorced" , that the records substantiate it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You've chatted...good. Set up a first meeting...good. Discovered you have something in common...good. But I still think you should keep it in your pants since this is your first meeting.

You do know I'm talking about your gun...right? Oh what the heck, show her yours and she'll show you hers...Gun, still talking about the gun.

It sounds like you're off to a good start there, good luck.
    mano3 likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Hope she likes your gun.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

For all you single guys looking to meet other gun owning females. I would recommend going to Camospace.com which is a social network for the outdoor/gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    However, it ended after the 8th "date", when I discovered something that I didn't know about her up to that point...... she made a comment she didn't intend to make. I discovered thru that conversation, she was married and had been lieing about being single. That made me "think" , what if her husband had ever appeared, angry... etc... and I didn't even know she had a husband..
    Not a big fan of "Dr. Phil," but one of his quotes is memorable: "If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you." Good advice, and it sounds like you found out in time.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

SO you are bringing 4 handguns, 4500 rounds of ammo, a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne, a picnic lunch, and an engagement ring... Right?
    ClutchSR9C, BurgerBoy and pfries like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Nice. Hope it goes well. Met my wife online and we'll be celebrating our 5-year in a few weeks. Glad she's into firearms, too.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links