Not Knots!

Not Knots!

This is a discussion on Not Knots! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seeing Chris' knot thread got me to wondering........ How many Eagle Scouts do we have on the forum? I'll start, Eagle 1964, Troop 724, Manhattan ...

Thread: Not Knots!

Lead Moderator

Not Knots!

Seeing Chris' knot thread got me to wondering........ How many Eagle Scouts do we have on the forum?

I'll start, Eagle 1964, Troop 724, Manhattan New York.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Eagle Scout, March 1963, Troop 97, Selma, AL.
    Attended the 1964 National Jamboree at Valley Forge, PA.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Eagle Scout here too

Edited to add: Troop 358, Cape Canaveral, Florida 1970
    Last edited by profshadow; September 24th, 2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Armed & Dangerous...and Inconspicuous...

Eagle Scout 2000 Troop #174 Mt. Carmel, PA
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

It was easy for you older folks to make Eagle, harder for us youngun's (building the space shuttle didn't even make it for me.... j/k).

Air Force brat here. I used to be in the Boy Scouts but moved so often that I just gave it up. Then when my dad retired we moved out to the country in Florida and town was about 20 miles away in both directions.

I don't remember what rank I achieved before I just gave up on it. One or two ranks below Eagle IIRC. More like two below. I've helped the Scouts here a couple of times and am in the process of getting the BS council to get off their PC'ness and reinstate the pistol marksman badge and not just have shotgun/rifle. When I was in along time ago they had the badge with pistol/shotgun/rifle but they caved and just made it rifle/shotgun (still have my target in a scrapbook somewhere around here ).

Grats to all of you that made it, it is truly something to be proud of.

Wayne

Cub Scout, Pack 34 '49-'51 Tulare CA

well..... also Boy Scout, Troop 60, Tulare CA. Cant remember what rank I ended up with. My dad was the Troop Master, which was sponsored by the IOOF. I use to go on trips with them, even before I was a Cub. Back in them days, no such thing as a store bought rucksack/pack frame, unless it was Army Surplus from WWII. I've built my own pack frames using Oak, soaking them and then putting them in a vise to hold the shape until dried. Then using webbing materials for the padding and shoulder straps. Ah... the good ole days. Heck, no-a-days.... a troops trip to the local park for an overnight is a big deal. Heck, we use to go for a week in the High Sierra's back into Alpine lakes. No MRE's there, ha...

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Eagel Scout, 1968, Troop 144, Wichita Falls, TX
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Lew
    I was in the boy scouts and I have to say I was not in the "in crowd". The scout masters son didn't like me much and I guess I should have been more political in some of my responses. *Sigh* After watching daddys little boy pass everything and myself not allowed to test or participate, I left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have thought about the time when my son will be of age to go into scouts and I am nolonger sure if I want him to go. IF the same donkey is scout master he won't.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Eagle Scout, Troop 111 Auburn ME.

Haven't had much to do with scouting since I went to college though. To much other stuff going on, and no connection to a local troop here in central MA.

AE

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Eagle, 1999 - Troop 1861, College Station, TX

Lew - It sucks that you found a bad scoutmaster, and a troop that would put up with him. I've had my own experiences with that, and the answer is always to change troops. There are good troops out there, I promise, and if you can find one, scouting can be one of the best and most positively influencial things in a young man's life. Not to mention it being a lot of fun.

Lew
    Yea this is true. Lucky for me I had a Career Army dad who would take me camping every year... so I guess it works out in the end...
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Scout drop out. I made Weblos in cubs, Loved the scout magazine back then (1956) Boys Life. Carried my scout pocketknife everywhere all the time. My Den Mother told us we should always have it to " be prepared ". We moved a lot to escape my father, so was unable to continue.

Senior Moderator
    Eagle, 1988 Troop 142 Decatur Al,

Eagle, Troop 609 Belle Glade 1972
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Never a Boy Scout myself, but my son earned his Eagle, over in Baton Rouge.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Links