Red Dawn 2012

This is a discussion on Red Dawn 2012 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So who will see it? Now I will admit the 1984 version was before my time but I still loved it and will most certainly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Red Dawn 2012

Red Dawn 2012

So who will see it? Now I will admit the 1984 version was before my time but I still loved it and will most certainly go see this one!

RED DAWN Official Trailer 2012 (HD) - First Look - Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Movie - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    After watching the 1984 version in the theater my cousins and I came up with a defense of our Grandparents farm......which I believe is the reason why the Soviets never luanched an invasion of Winston County Alabama
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member
    I'll watch it. The first one was a fun movie and I'm sure this one will be too.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Looks pretty sweet. Apparently Hollywood can't make original movies anymore, so we just have to try to enjoy the enhanced remakes.
    archer51, rammerjammer and Badey like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

The '84 version was one of my all time favorites growing up. Must have seen in 50 times. I cant wait to see this version. I'm slightly wiser than when I was 10, so it may be less believable. Still, i'll probably end up sand bagging around my house and setting up some booby traps after I watch it.

I'll have to rent the old one and watch it with the kids before going to the new one. Then we can compare and contrast.

Kinda like we did w/ True Grit.
    mano3 likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    This has been finished and "on the shelf" for several years now. That usually doesn't bode well for a film. However, I loved the first one, and will definitely see this one as well. I have low expectations, but high hopes. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member
    Yeah.. we'll go see it. we liked the original and it might be interesting to see the story in a technologically modern environment.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    "A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers." according to IMDB.COM.

Gotta love Hollywood. They can't feed their own people, but have the resources to invade North America.
    mano3, kb2wji and rammerjammer like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    It was originally the Chinese. Supposedly, the Chinese didn't appreciate being the bad guys, so the producers went back and changed it. Not that the Chinese could mount a land offensive against the US either, but...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    I would like to see it. Just saw the original on TV a few weeks ago. I hate to waste my hard earned cash on Hollywood. Probably wait till comes out on DVD.

side note: dropped my daughter off at the local Marcus theater last weekend and there was NO gun buster sign! I could do business there.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    It was originally the Chinese. Supposedly, the Chinese didn't appreciate being the bad guys, so the producers went back and changed it. Not that the Chinese could mount a land offensive against the US either, but...
    There was a video game called Homefront that came out last year that did the same thing. Chinese were the original BGs, but changed to NK in the later stages of development.

VIP Member
    Watching the trailer, there seem to be some MAJOR differences from the original. Jed is a Marine, there is some sort of EMP device employed, the Wolverines are on a "mission" to recover some sort of device that will "reset" the grid/network...And the girls are straight up eye candy. We'll see... My hopes just lowered a little.

^ Yeah, we arent really in a position to be poking sticks at the Chinese nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Watching the trailer, there seem to be some MAJOR differences from the original. Jed is a Marine, there is some sort of EMP device employed, the Wolverines are on a "mission" to recover some sort of device that will "reset" the grid/network...And the girls are straight up eye candy. We'll see... My hopes just lowered a little.
    Eh, just a modern twist on a movie who's story was totally unrealistic from the start. All the girls are straight up eye candy you say? My hopes just got raised

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links