Farm update.

This is a discussion on Farm update. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 Happy that it's working out so well for you! How did you ever make out on the mineral right thing? Sort ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Farm update.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Happy that it's working out so well for you! How did you ever make out on the mineral right thing?
    Sort of yes and no. We got them but the rights are already tied up in a lease (since 1972) so no big payouts for us. The gas company was smart. Our well stopped producing years ago but they knew what was coming so they kept paying the small royalty out each month to keep the lease open. We have consulted an attorney but their lease is pretty iron clad.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Your next purchase should be a decent quality Metal Detector. Who knows what you might find buried on your property.
    For a while there LOTS of people didn't trust banks and buried Silver and Gold.
    Some folks buried Gold coins rather than trading them in for paper dollars back when private ownership of Gold coins was outlawed by the govt.
    And for sure I would hit that island with a metal detector.
    We have been told by the children of the original owners that they were pack rats. They have said that if we look under the boards in the attic we may find a stash on money somewhere. The metal detector idea is probably a good one. atctimmy is thinking.....Hmmmm...
    JoJoGunn and Rock and Glock like this.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    My home was originally built by a Dentist who had his reception room, waiting room, office and dental lab on half of the first floor.
    I found some dental Gold, scrap Gold crowns, and an 18K Gold pocket watch case (no watch) that he obviously forgot about.
    It pays to check everything out.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I have a hay loft door that overlooks my entire cop field. Too bad it's shotgun only here and I'd need my .308 to shoot the back end of the field (where the deer always are).
    You might just need to trade on of those ARs for a dedicated, solid-framed slug gun, like my Savage 210. It'll put good-quality sabot slugs into less than 6 inches easily at 150 yards... could probably do better if I found the ammo it likes best. Plenty of energy left at 200 yards with good slugs.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You might just need to trade on of those ARs for a dedicated, solid-framed slug gun, like my Savage 210. It'll put good-quality sabot slugs into less than 6 inches easily at 150 yards... could probably do better if I found the ammo it likes best. Plenty of energy left at 200 yards with good slugs.
    I've thought about one but decided I'll just get closer and save the money. : )
    QKShooter and pgrass101 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I vote for Tim Sawyer's Island.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Timmy,I would be planting some deer food and increase the odds of some nice bucks for years to come.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Congrats, will you be forming your own government?. I have two deep, forested ravines that meet on my back lot. i am thinking of finding some 6 foot culvert pipes and big concrete juction boxes, so i can bury them and have an underground lair with indoor range.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Administrator
    "With the amount of mosquitoes and deer flies back in my woods it would be a fitting name."

The Isle Of Wight ~ Change that to....The Isle Of Bite.

JoJoGunn and Rock and Glock like this.

VIP Member
    How bout The Isle of Wight-Tail.

Administrator
    Yeah...I Like That.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Maybe you could move the house to the island and declare yourself a sovereign nation. No more taxes!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Maybe you could move the house to the island and declare yourself a sovereign nation. No more taxes!!
    If you do that you will need to declare war on the US then surrender and request foreign aid.

Just do not make the same mistake as this movie. The Mouse That Roared (1959) - IMDb
    pgrass101 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links