Russian subs...bringing back the cold war. - Page 2

Russian subs...bringing back the cold war.

This is a discussion on Russian subs...bringing back the cold war. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pop quiz does anyone hear know what one in the Navy must do to be called a Blue Nose? I'm not talking about the initiation ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Russian subs...bringing back the cold war.

Pop quiz does anyone hear know what one in the Navy must do to be called a Blue Nose? I'm not talking about the initiation ceremony itself.

VIP Member
    Blue Nose
    Crossing of the Arctic Circle (66-32 North latitude). See also "Arctic Circle," and "Northern Domain of the Polar Bear."
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

That is different from a brown nose right?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Blue Nose
    Crossing of the Arctic Circle (66-32 North latitude). See also "Arctic Circle," and "Northern Domain of the Polar Bear."
    Yup, that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Only slightly.

VIP Member
    Golden Dragon, Golden Shellback, Blue Nose.

'Not much different than being hazed into a fraternity, except for the fraternity, you have a choice.

We'll never know whether our Navy knew about this or not. Just like all of the other close calls in our nation's security that we've never heard of. One thing for sure is cutting our defense budget doesn't help. Our armed forces is the only service from our government that I actually do want.

VIP Member
    What about a Blue Falcon?

Blue Falcon.jpg
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Why do I fear we could be wandering into more dangerous waters than that Russian sub?
    There are so many directions we could go from here but so few the moderators would approve of!

VIP Member
    atctimmy is a Shellback but not a blue (or a brown) noser.

Senior Moderator
    I am actually laughing at this.

The Russians never quit snooping around, just like we never quit snooping around. The only thing that changed when the cold war was over was the perception of it. The libs wanted to beleive that it was all over so that they could spend more money on social programs. Others...they just wanted to breath easy and pretend that everything was OK.

The public was brainwashed by the news media into thinking that we had nothing to fear from anyone, while purposely ignoring what few examples of intrusion that we supposedly did know about.

He is a fact. We do not own the ocean, we only own about 12 miles off it closest to our shores. Anything past that is fair game for anyone that can get close enough.

The games of sneaking around never did quit, nor will it ever quit. Anti submarine crews all over the coast have been just as busy as they ever were. Whether it be aircrews, subs, ships or listening posts, none of them ever let up.

I'm quit sure that some here will dispute that, because it offends their upbringing and supposed sensibilities to think that there are nuclear subs with lots of warheads patroling submerged right off of our coasts, but there are those of us here on this board that know better. While it is true that there may not be the volume of patrols that there once was, make no mistake, the subs out there are quite capable of erasing any city in North America should it become necessary.

Same with us on them. They know it, we know it and only people that choose to ignore reality dont know it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Golden Dragon, Golden Shellback, Blue Nose.

'Not much different than being hazed into a fraternity, except for the fraternity, you have a choice.

We'll never know whether our Navy knew about this or not. Just like all of the other close calls in our nation's security that we've never heard of. One thing for sure is cutting our defense budget doesn't help. Our armed forces is the only service from our government that I actually do want.
    I've actually been hearing that the department of defense doesn't need or want any more money added to their budget. From what I've heard, they have been saying alot of it is not needed. Alot of pointless weapons and such being made or something to that tone. Sorry, I can't qoute specifics, just heard some things on talk radio lately. They had on some guy, that was involved in the DOD budget spending that was saying some of this. Bring on the flames if need be, just saying I heard something to that tone. Wouldn't supprise me either, politicians saying the HAVE to have more money for DOD, just to get some of it in their hands.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Well that is not necessarily something new. A good bit of military spending is actually driven by politics. I remember at one point back in the late 1980's or early 1990's the Army was being forced to take fire engines purchased by the Air Force. The Army did not need airport style crash trucks but the senator from Wisconsin wanted to make sure that Oshkosh got the contract to provide them.
    I think the current version of this is they are trying to force the Navy and Marine Corps to have two engines on their next generation fighter. The plane was developed and designed as a single engine. It is cheaper as a single engine. The single engine is reliable and powerful enough to do the job. But the engines are built in the state and district of certain politicians and if they let the end users have what they want it will cost their constituents jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I am actually laughing at this.

The Russians never quit snooping around, just like we never quit snooping around. The only thing that changed when the cold war was over was the perception of it. The libs wanted to beleive that it was all over so that they could spend more money on social programs. Others...they just wanted to breath easy and pretend that everything was OK.

The public was brainwashed by the news media into thinking that we had nothing to fear from anyone, while purposely ignoring what few examples of intrusion that we supposedly did know about.

He is a fact. We do not own the ocean, we only own about 12 miles off it closest to our shores. Anything past that is fair game for anyone that can get close enough.

The games of sneaking around never did quit, nor will it ever quit. Anti submarine crews all over the coast have been just as busy as they ever were. Whether it be aircrews, subs, ships or listening posts, none of them ever let up.

I'm quit sure that some here will dispute that, because it offends their upbringing and supposed sensibilities to think that there are nuclear subs with lots of warheads patroling submerged right off of our coasts, but there are those of us here on this board that know better. While it is true that there may not be the volume of patrols that there once was, make no mistake, the subs out there are quite capable of erasing any city in North America should it become necessary.

Same with us on them. They know it, we know it and only people that choose to ignore reality dont know it.
    Worry not, seeing it first hand we are about the only blue water navy left...the VAST majority of the Russian fleet rusted away sitting next to the pier. I think we own more of the ocean than you think.

We've been in their water as much as they have!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Let's suppose for a minute that a Russian sub did actually patrol in the Gulf of Mexico.
    So?
    The Gulf of Mexico is not Lake Michigan. We don't own it. What is part of the mission of the U.S. Navy? Ensuring freedom of the seas?
    Just because an un-named source says that we did not detect it does not mean it is so.
    Generally speaking..... if a country is parking subs off your shoreline or cruising near them within "range" and the ability to launch nuclear cruise missles.... you dang well want to know it and track them, as well as their activities.

But, to your other point..... made me wonder if they couldn't detect them, how it was they knew they had been there for a month.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links