Close encounters with Elvis Presley

This is a discussion on Close encounters with Elvis Presley within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Elvis died 35 years ago today. Who has seen him in person (concert or otherwise)? Who has visited Graceland? I actually saw him in his ...

Thread: Close encounters with Elvis Presley

VIP Member

Close encounters with Elvis Presley

Elvis died 35 years ago today. Who has seen him in person (concert or otherwise)? Who has visited Graceland?

I actually saw him in his early years performing at the Louisiana Hayride in Shreveport, I was probably only 3-4 years old. I just barely remember him on-stage, and there being some "excitement" over this guy. At my young age I was more interested in what was going on around me, and along with seeing Elvis I clearly remember seeing some guy stir his coffee with his car keys.....YUCK.

At one time my aunt lived in Memphis, once while we visited her, my wife and I decided to join the tourist crowd and do the Graceland tour. This was several years after he died.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I saw him last week. He works for NOAA now. He was stocking up on organ-shredding hollow points and .357 rounds (I know those are his favorite) to shoot through wall. I even saw some .88 Magnums, so he can shoot through schools if he has to. :)

But no, The King died when I was 6. Never saw him, never was a big fan (though I do appreciate his contribution to rock and roll. And recreational drug use.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Been to graceland but I'm 32 so he was before my time.

Links