Instant Karma- truck tires are nothing to mess with

This is a discussion on Instant Karma- truck tires are nothing to mess with within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Adameeski He may have and if so deserved it. That's true too....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Instant Karma- truck tires are nothing to mess with

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Adameeski View Post
    He may have and if so deserved it.
    That's true too.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

2. Remove Ads

Love it!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Yeah... one of the many reasons I don't mess with 'big truck' tires. Scare the.. mess... outta me. That's way too much pressure to just 'play' with. Especially once they're hot.

And, yeah, it does look like duals- that's why the tire didn't go 'flat'.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

P5
    Instant justice!!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Wow.... not good.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Administrator
    What is that dark object that went airborne and is laying in the foreground?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think that is his "tire thumper". For all of you guys saying he deserved it I'll let you in on a little secret. Truckers thump their tires with a billy club (or similar) in order to find out if they're flat. When you have dual tires you can't just see if they are flat. You whack them with a billy.

The guy in the video looks like a good guy (who has a job) just having a very bad day. I hope he was OK (but I don't think he was).

ETA: Oops. His tire thumper was at his feet. A tire iron maybe? The thing in the foreground looks to be part of the tire I think.

VIP Member
    Gotta disagree, timmy. It appears (and of course I can't know for certain) that he is STABBING the tire, not "thumping" it. Additionally - and not that there is any guarantee that this is true - the description for the video says that the man had just tried (and failed) to rob a store, and then decided to slash the store owners tire on the way out.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Gotta disagree, timmy. It appears (and of course I can't know for certain) that he is STABBING the tire, not "thumping" it. Additionally - and not that there is any guarantee that this is true - the description for the video says that the mad had just tried (and failed) to rob a store, and then decided to slash the store owners tire on the way out.
    I could be wrong. It's happened before. : )

Wow!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I could be wrong. It's happened before. : )
    Ditto. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It looks to me like a pair of pliers or a multi-tool of some kind he poked the tire with. The tire exploded with such force it dislodge a tile or brick from the ground. Look at the ground near the tire; before the explosion and then after you can see the tile or brick sticking up

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    It looks like those rear wheels are duals, so the inside tire would be holding the flat tire up?

That is pretty a brutal video, initially his motion looked like he was stabbing the tire. He has some serious injuries. I know of several serious injuries with tires:

1. Years ago, a worker at a gas station was airing up a semi tire and not using a safety cage. It blew up, they found his head on top of the gas station's flat roof.

2. A guy I know, was airing up a tire on a Lull, I do believe the tires were dry rotted. The tire blew up and broke his arm.

3. A different guy, my neighbor, was airing up a tire on a round hay baler. It blew up, and while doing so whipped a large remnant of rubber around and to the inside of the wheel. His hand was right there on the inside of the wheel at the valve stem. That piece of rubber raked the skin off the back of his hand from his wrist to his knuckles; somehow it also pulverized the bone inside the last joint of his middle finger. Initially, he had to have donor skin grafts to cover his wound, and eventually auto-grafts and had to have that finger joint amputated, naturally it was useless without a bone. Long recovery period, multiple surgeries, wound vac, PT, etc

He's pretty well back to normal, his biggest hindrance is that middle finger which has not gained much range of motion. He sort of has a permanent obscene hand gesture. The grafts are fine though obviously not particularly natural looking. He's taking it all very well in stride, I've known him for many years, and after he was stabilized told him don't let them take a skin graft from his butt, if that info gets out in public, no one will ever shake hands with him again. He got a big laugh out of that, actually brightened his mood quite a bit.

BTW, I live some distance from him, and actually was outside and could hear the tire when it exploded. I thought they'd shot a shotgun, I didn't know it was a tire and serious injury.

Be careful with those tires, especially big ones and/or dry-rotted.
    As I've mentioned before I spent many years in the automotive aftermarket. One of the shops I worked for had multiple locations, and a technician was killed working on an old "split-rim" design wheel, trying to get a tire on it. I'm not really familiar with the systems, but I know the rim came apart while under pressure and part of the metal rim got him square in the head,...wasn't decapitated though.

I saw the video of this guy on a car blog I follow. Looks like his arm is pretty messed up and if he didn't seek emergency medical care FAST the blood loss could have killed him.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Senior Moderator
    I looks to me that he stabbed the tire, anyway he sure got messed up
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    As I've mentioned before I spent many years in the automotive aftermarket. One of the shops I worked for had multiple locations, and a technician was killed working on an old "split-rim" design wheel, trying to get a tire on it. I'm not really familiar with the systems, but I know the rim came apart while under pressure and part of the metal rim got him square in the head,...wasn't decapitated though.

I saw the video of this guy on a car blog I follow. Looks like his arm is pretty messed up and if he didn't seek emergency medical care FAST the blood loss could have killed him.
    with a "spit rim "design, a locking ring is removed from the rim so a tire can be mounted without stretching it over the rim like you would have to on a "bud" rim (bud rims are like car tires rims just bigger) as far as the PSI of a truck tire front tires (steering) are 105 PSI and rears (duels) are 95 PSI a piece.
    I am not sure if the person was robbing anyone because if he was he sure wasn't trying to get a way fast. It looked to me like he might have been getting some vengeance in. in my 30+ years driving a truck I have never stabbed a tire for any reason

PS: in my years of driving I have seen tires come apart (mostly recaps) and explode from overheating (low air pressure) and start on fire (same reason) but never just by some stabbing it
    grav and msgt/ret like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links