Woman-sues-Dallas-Cowboys-over-burned-butt-lol - Page 2

Woman-sues-Dallas-Cowboys-over-burned-butt-lol

This is a discussion on Woman-sues-Dallas-Cowboys-over-burned-butt-lol within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven I was at a womens golf tournament when a star player hopped up on a black horse statue for a photo ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Woman-sues-Dallas-Cowboys-over-burned-butt-lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I was at a womens golf tournament when a star player hopped up on a black horse statue for a photo op. It was summer and the horse was extremely hot. She was burned in a similar way on her inner thighs. Before she could get off the damage was done. It can happen very quickly.

Chairs that reach this high a temperature should NOT be placed in a public area. They should have used white ones and they wouldn't be getting sued.
    I agree it is not the brightest thing to do having a black bench....but....how many thousands upon thousands of folks have passed it and were smart enough to NOT sit on the bench or feel it first with their hand. It is Texas for goodness sake.

There is a point where if you are the only one doing something stupid then maybe you are just plain stupid.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I don't think it was necessary to post a pic since the article stated the woman in question was 'HOT'.

To be fair:

She is not Dumb - She is a Detour Off The Information Superhighway.
    She is not an Airhead - She is Reality Impaired.

Currently offered as settlement:
    hot_fan.gif
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    ...She is not an Airhead.....
    More like a vacuous twit.

I'll gladly sit bare bottom on that bench just for one ticket. Burnt balls? Not an issue, I got 2 kids so no need there and there's more footballs on the field. All for a free ticket, doesn't even have to be in a good spot. Face me backwards on a lawnchair, I don't care. One single precious free ticket Coach Jones. Pleeeeeassseeeee? I'd also sit there for weeks and weeks just to prove my true blueness.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    You can't fix stupid, but you can get paid for it!
    msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

It's Karma.
    If Jerry Jones had shown proper respect to Tom Landry waaaay back when this never would have happened.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I was at a womens golf tournament when a star player hopped up on a black horse statue for a photo op. It was summer and the horse was extremely hot. She was burned in a similar way on her inner thighs. Before she could get off the damage was done. It can happen very quickly.

Chairs that reach this high a temperature should NOT be placed in a public area. They should have used white ones and they wouldn't be getting sued.
    Yes,because testing the surface temperature of something with your hand before plopping down is just too responsible.Sorry but this is just the type of society we have been litigating all these years..It's not my fault I must blame somebody other than myself for my stupidity
    msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I can maybe see this happening with a child.... but not an adult.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    one of the many reason we need tort reform!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Stupidity's a booger.

Most people learn by age 5 that there are simple if-then consequences to many of the choices we make for ourselves: biting into a slice of pizza or sipping on a cup of tea without first knowing how hot it is; stepping directly in front of an oncoming car. And, yes, sitting on a plastic/steel bench, blindly, skin first. She earned the skin grafts.

I'd hope a judge will see the simplicity of the incentives involved in this case, as well as the unjustifiability of the claim. Not likely, but one can always hope. I wonder if the judge'll be wangling a kick-back of sorts, to make it worth his while to corrupt justice. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just think what could've happened, had she been a Green Bay Packers fan ...

JDE101 and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    one of the many reason we need tort reform!
    Why sure, due away with the right to recover damages all together. See the problem here is jury’s; stop awarding damages for things like spilling a cup of coffee or sitting on a black bench in the middle of the summer. It’s not the lawsuit but the people who award for stupidly

So, let me get this straight... you put a chair (meant to be sat in) located in a public area where people would sit. She is considered by many of you as being "stupid" for sitting in it??? Since when is the simple act of sitting down considered stupid?

Oh, right, how stupid can you be... she should first 'test' the temperature of the chair before sitting in it. Perhaps it was also her responsibility to inspect the chair for any other safety flaws it may have. As I'm sure ALL YOU CRITICS inspect and test the temperature of chairs before sitting down.

A small child should also know to test the temperature before sitting?

The only thing in this story that's "stupid" is the fact that someone decided to put black chairs in the Texas sun for people to sit on. Like having hot fry pans to sit on. That was a REALLY, REALLY stupid decision.

I have no doubts she will collect on her law suit and rightfully so. I also have no doubts that black chairs will no longer be located there.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Ya know, I used to think the same thing about tort reform... After all, I read King Of Torts by the lawyer/writer guy... And it was good...

But then, I saw the documentary film, Hot Coffee... from 2011... Lots to think about... Net flicks has it, worth the time..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

So, let me get this straight... you put a chair (meant to be sat in) located in a public area where people would sit. She is considered by many of you as being "stupid" for sitting in it??? Since when is the simple act of sitting down considered stupid?
    Never.

But any child knows (or quickly learns) that on a scaldingly-hot day, blindly and recklessly touching skin to an almost certainly hot surface is, it's fair to say, pretty darned stupid. Any child knows not to do such things, more than once. But altogether too many of these walking legal trainwrecks have forgotten, if they ever knew.

I have no doubts she will collect on her law suit and rightfully so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links