What the hell has happened to the UK?

This is a discussion on What the hell has happened to the UK? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ok, this is just outrageous... I'm beyond words: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...372471,00.html The Sunday Times September 24, 2006 Police to brief Muslims before terror raids Abul Taher POLICE ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell has happened to the UK?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar

What the hell has happened to the UK?

ok, this is just outrageous... I'm beyond words:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...372471,00.html

The Sunday Times September 24, 2006

Police to brief Muslims before terror raids
    Abul Taher

POLICE have agreed to consult a panel of Muslim leaders before mounting counter-terrorist raids or arrests. Members of the panel will offer their assessment of whether information police have on a suspect is too flimsy and will also consider the consequences on community relations of a raid.

Members will be security vetted and will have to promise not to reveal any intelligence they are shown. They will not have to sign the Official Secrets Act.

The first panel, expected to consist of four people, will be set up initially in London. Tomorrow representatives from police forces across England and Wales will decide whether to make the scheme national.

Muslim groups have welcomed the move, which is understood to be backed by Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan police commissioner.

This week the Association of Chief Police Officers will discuss with MI5 and the Home Office whether to reveal to the panel intelligence information from the security service.

The idea came from the Metropolitan police and the Muslim Safety Forum (MSF), which works for better police-Muslim relations. It has been under discussion for two years and came to the top of the agenda after a police raid in Forest Gate, London, in June, in which a man was shot. Police were acting on a tip-off about a bomb. None was found.

Azad Ali, chairman of the MSF, said: “The major concern that came to us from Muslims was that the intelligence was flawed — the raid was on assumption and nothing else. This will allow independent scrutiny of intelligence.”

The police and the Crown Prosecution Service have sometimes been criticised for being over-cautious about tackling Muslim extremism. Last week Abu Izzadeen, a radical cleric who has so far escaped prosecution despite seemingly inciting terrorism, gained entry to a closed meeting in east London and heckled John Reid, the home secretary.

It has now emerged that Izzadeen apparently urged Muslims to wage holy war in Britain in an internet video downloaded by several thousand users from websites that closed down two months ago. The sites were linked to the Saved Sect, of which Izzadeen was leader and which has now been banned and disbanded.

In the video he told his audience: “In the UK no fighting takes place yet, but don’t be fooled, the time will come to you brothers . . . fighting is so close at hand.”

He adds: “You prepare yourself now and when the hard time comes you are ready to defend yourself; you are ready to die for the sake of Allah.”

David Corker, a partner in the London law firm Corker Binning, which has dealt with terrorism cases, said of the video: “There is enough material there for him to be considered for prosecution.”

Izzadeen, 34, did not respond to requests for comment this weekend.

Thanks for finding the story tanksoldier.
    Full story posted here - QKShooter
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Lord Nelson and Winston Churchill must both be turning over in their graves. That's like handing German's intell during WWII because they wouldn't want to offend them.

MY WORD! If I were British I would be demanding that they repeal the gun ban because it's obvious the government won't protect them
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

The concequences of PC run amok! What do you think uncontested liberals would do to us here?
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

We are due for the same thing if not very careful. Elections are on the horizon.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Lead Moderator
    Oh, that is just TOO much! So much for effective law enforcement/counter terrorism.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    We all(US,UK,etc.) know who the real enemy is. (I'm not gonna say it here for fear of being openly politically incorrect) Our President keeps mentioning the word,"war"("we're at war"), when are we gonna start fighting our enemies as if we are REALLY at war ??? The UK saddens me........and.......the US saddens me. ----------

Yes, we now seem to wage "war" by being very careful to be nice to everyone and offending no one. Have any of these decision makers actually read ANY history? Just a quick overview of world history ought to suffice. No matter what the USA does we are terrible, evil and uncaring. At least untill their butts in a sling then they scream for help. But our enemies can rape, torture, commit genocide and evryone says, now now that's not nice, can't you play better?
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    Well - here is where I need a ''shaking head in disbelief'' smilie.

It's hard to find printable adjectives. I will resist further comment.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This disease of "PC," has reached pandemic proportion!

Once, those initials stood for "political correctness," it wasn't too bad, it seemed quite benign, and rather polite.

But like many diseases, it evolved into something far worse, and much harder to cure.

PC is no longer "political correctness," it is now "Political Cowardice." This new strain is deadly and is just as hard to cure as the other world-wide killer, "Stupidity."

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Mike, your above sez it pretty "correctly". --> good post ! ---------

This Is Hard to Fathom...

and every day I continued to be amazed at how 'stupid' we have let out 'intelligence' become...
    Is there no politician left with balls (figuratively speaking) out there?
    This is indeed a sad state of affairs...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    We might as well open up the intelligence service to civilian scrutiny-by-vote. This is total BS. I feel bad for the citizens.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    The sun has definitely set...I fear never to rise again.

I wonder if the British consulted a pannel of Irish before they pulled a raid on the IRA back in the days that was a war to them? I'll bet not.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

ok...my bad for posting my previous thread...didn't see this one here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links