I just saw five deer from my back patio

This is a discussion on I just saw five deer from my back patio within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The title says most of it... But, keep in mind, I live less than 200yds from I-77, 1/2 mile away from TWO major roads/intersections. Between ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By HotGuns

Thread: I just saw five deer from my back patio

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

I just saw five deer from my back patio

The title says most of it...

But, keep in mind, I live less than 200yds from I-77, 1/2 mile away from TWO major roads/intersections. Between my apartment complex and the closes of the two main roads is a construction site. That is almost half the size of my apartment complex. I can't see either of the main roads from my patio, or the construction site- there is still a small strand of trees between us.

I didn't get a really good look at all of them, but I think they were all does. And a couple of them looked kinda large, with one very young one. It was beautiful.

I managed to unlock, and open the sliding glass back door, and the screen and step out onto the patio and take lots of pictures. ..through the trees... I was out there for almost a minute, staring one of them in the eye before she huffed really loud and they all ran off.

Stupid game/gun laws. I could have had at least the big one with my 1911 before they got away. ..I REALLY want some venison...

I'll try to get a couple pictures up, but they didn't come out quite so well from my phone. I'll see what I can do.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quite solution and limited range = crossbow.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I live across from a strawberry farm, the deer just love it. Can't wait for hunting season, maybe this year I'll actually get a clean shot.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    My neighbors and i have a apple trees in our yards. The fruit is dropping, I could get a buck with a hammer in daylight. I'm gonna let them be.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I've seen deer inside Charlotte city limits several times. I saw 5 deer standing on top of the hill on the 485 outer loop exit to Providence rd. And I've seen a coyote on the inner loop side. I had two run across Carmel Rd in front of me. It does not take a lot of woods for them to live there. They are pretty adaptive critters. So are the coyotes. I used to see them in Raleigh, Cary, and Chapel Hill all the time too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Deer are also all up on our apple trees around our property. Pretty sure if painted my entire nude body with camo then waited in one of the apple trees for a few hours I could drop onto the back of a big buck and choke the ole guy out hulk hogan style. Doesn't get much quieter than that!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Deer are also all up on our apple trees around our property. Pretty sure if painted my entire nude body with camo then waited in one of the apple trees for a few hours I could drop onto the back of a big buck and choke the ole guy out hulk hogan style. Doesn't get much quieter than that!
    Thanks for that mental image... just what I needed to start the day...

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Deer are like everywhere, dude! I have not seen so many in years, must have been a population explosion or something. I see at least two or three a day now while I'm out working. Some of them are so used to humans they don't even look up from their grazing.

I live close to I-64 in West Virginia and they don't seem to be timid about crossing it.

My brother lives in Tega Cay, SC so I know the area the OP is talking about.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    As a motorcyclist, in my area I know where they cross the roads
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Senior Moderator
    Need quiet? I can hook you up...

nobody will hear the shot but you...
    msgt/ret likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My brother lives in Tega Cay, SC so I know the area the OP is talking about.[/QUOTE]

I live on the Clover, SC side of Lake Wylie. There are deer all over Tega Cay, especially the golf course!!
    Live for today because no one promised you tomorrow!!

VIP Member
    Deer are like squirrels in my development. Pests. They eat our flowers. No hope for roses. And about once a week they run in front of me while I'm driving out of my development to work.

I don't like deer all that much. Yes, it's neat to see them the first time. Squirrels are cute, too, until they gnaw through your soffiits and run around in your attic.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Need quiet? I can hook you up...

nobody will hear the shot but you...
    I've got some gas charged .22s... I don't think they'll get the job done though. My wife REALLY wants a crossbow. I don't think she could draw it, but she really wants one.

Links