Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day - Page 2

Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day

This is a discussion on Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why does this guy have to get his panties all in a bunch over this?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day

Why does this guy have to get his panties all in a bunch over this?

Come on, what's better than girls with guns?! What a loser...
    BigStick likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

OD*
    Derrick Hunter
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

It's a private business. They can do most anything they want except ban him based on race, religion, or ethnic origin. Federal law prohibits that if it's open to the public.

Got my asbestos uderoos on.......
    First he is not a LEO. He is a "Special Police Officer". He is an armed security guard that may have police powers on the property where he is employed.
    As the lawyer asked would we still be having this conversation if he was charged more because he is black?
    I used to shoot at that range all the time when I lived in Maryland and actually bought four handguns from them over the years. They are good people but on this one they are wrong.
    "Ladies day" is sexual discrimination. The only way it is not is if they also have a "Gentlemens day". Offering a benefit or applying a penalty to someone solely based on race, gender, (pick your federally protected class) is discrimination. Seniors day, military day, first responders day, are fine because any one of us has the opportunity to enlist, volunteer, or grow old.
    Toorop likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Sounds like (s)he qualifies for ladies night (no offense to the ladies!).
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Can we please, as a society, get our politically correct panties out of a bunch??

If a private business wants to offer discounts/deals/special privileges to any group of people, it is their busines, their money, and their prerogative. Suck it up, and move on. Do you argue with the manager/owner of a business for having 'expectant mother', or 'mother with newborn' parking at the front of the store? No.

Do you argue with the bar/club for having a 'ladies night'? No, you go enjoy yourself, and the view. Why should it be different for a gun range? Or a restaurant that does a 'kids eat free' at certain times and on certain days? Once you're an 'adult', that's it- nobody can choose to be a young kid again. That's discrimination, and I think something should be done about it.

I had an accident with some hot coffee a few months ago, ended up with second degree burns. What did I do? I went to the doctor, I missed work, and I dealt with it. (Well, I dealt with the pain, and my wonderful wife dealt with the bandaging) Did I go running to a lawyer claiming that the coffee was too hot and that it was the convenience store's fault for making it too hot? No. I made sure that the store knew their coffee was way too hot, and left it at that.

Grow up, realize that not everyone is discriminating against you illegally, take responsibility for your own actions, AND STOP EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY FOR YOUR HURT FEELINGS.

I'll stop now... sorry.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

One thing I forgot to mention is that ladies day is not a new thing there. They have been doing it for over twenty years. This is the first complaint I have heard about it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Lame.

Maybe the range should change to "skirt day"! If he wants the deal he could wear a skirt. I bet he already wears pink panties.
    OD* and msgt/ret like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I believe a MD court back in the 80's ruled that a ladies night constituted discrimination for not treating all patrons equally based on gender. If that extends to this range (which I believe it does), then it sounds like they were violating his right to equal treatment by charging him more because of his gender.

It's my personal opinion that private businesses should be able to charge whatever they want to whoever they want for their goods and services, but the law is the law.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    He probably has nothing better to do since he lost his lawsuit against Hooters for not being able to be a waitress

It's still early but this one has today's blue ribbon so far.

VIP Member
    OK, what is a "special" police officer?.

My take on this is someone looking for a payday for doing nothing. He'd probably whine about military base commissary prices being lower than the downtown Piggly Wiggly! He needs to get a life.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    We used to throw a "blanket party" for our brethren when they pulled something like this.

I don't imagine that sort of thing happens much these days.
    msgt/ret likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Lame.

Maybe the range should change to "skirt day"! If he wants the deal he could wear a skirt. I bet he already wears pink panties.
    BINGO!!

Man up ... wear a kilt.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

an ego is a terrible thing to burse

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links