Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day

This is a discussion on Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OD* BINGO!! Man up ... wear a kilt. That is exactly what a friend of mine did. He plays in a pipe ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Man Sues Range Over Ladies' Day

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    BINGO!!

Man up ... wear a kilt.
    That is exactly what a friend of mine did. He plays in a pipe band and they used to go to bars after rehearsals or performances.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Do you argue with the bar/club for having a 'ladies night'? No, you go enjoy yourself, and the view. Why should it be different for a gun range? Or a restaurant that does a 'kids eat free' at certain times and on certain days? Once you're an 'adult', that's it- nobody can choose to be a young kid again. That's discrimination, and I think something should be done about it.
    The "kids eat free" is not discrimination because at one time every adult was a kid. At one point in your life, no matter who you are, you could have taken them up on that offer. That is not the case with "ladie's day".

I beg to differ about the discrimination based on sex. That is NOT what the owner is offering. He didn't say women or females, he said "Ladies" which is a subset of women. Only those who act like ladies get in free. This decision would be based on his personal opinion and could include men like the complainer, except he is NOT acting like a lady. He is acting like a slut who wants anything he can grab and if he can't have it, nobody can.
    OD*, BigStick, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

Does the range require ladies who shoot for free to purchse range ammo, or can they bring their own? If they are shooting range ammo, which is typically more expensive than what you buy elsewhere, the range is recouping some of the fees lost. If that's the case then maybe this guy will agree to purchase range ammo in exchange for range time. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    The "kids eat free" is not discrimination because at one time every adult was a kid. At one point in your life, no matter who you are, you could have taken them up on that offer. That is not the case with "ladie's day".
    That's not exactly true either, in this age of medical miracles.
    pgrass101 and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Does the range require ladies who shoot for free to purchse range ammo, or can they bring their own? If they are shooting range ammo, which is typically more expensive than what you buy elsewhere, the range is recouping some of the fees lost. If that's the case then maybe this guy will agree to purchase range ammo in exchange for range time. JMHO.
    I haven't been there in several years, but back in the day you could bring your own. They even sold reloading supplies. You could alo bring your own targets. A well prepared lady could walk in there and not spend a nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That's not exactly true either, in this age of medical miracles.
    Well, would I be a lady or "transgendered"?

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I beg to differ about the discrimination based on sex. That is NOT what the owner is offering. He didn't say women or females, he said "Ladies" which is a subset of women. Only those who act like ladies get in free. This decision would be based on his personal opinion and could include men like the complainer, except he is NOT acting like a lady. He is acting like a slut who wants anything he can grab and if he can't have it, nobody can.
    Like you said, a subset of women. If it is "subset" of women the "set" is women. That is not to say the guy filing the suit is not a whining little broad

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Just what is a "special police officer" anyway? Does this guy sue Denny's when an elderly person gets a free cup of coffee next to him? How about handicapped parking spaces. I want to park closer...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    OK, what is a "special" police officer?.

My take on this is someone looking for a payday for doing nothing. He'd probably whine about military base commissary prices being lower than the downtown Piggly Wiggly! He needs to get a life.
    In Maryland, to become a "Special Police Officer", you must be at least 18 years old, of good moral character, reputation, and qualification and meet one of the following to be able to apply:

1. A municipal corporation, county, or other governmental body of the State, in order to protect property owned, leased, or regularly used by the governmental body or any of its units;
    2. Another state, or subdivision or unit of another state, that has an interest in property located wholly or partly in this State, in order to protect the property;
    3. A college, university, or public school system in the State, in order to protect its property or students; or
    4. A person that exists and functions for a legal business purpose, in order to protect its business property such as:
    · A property owner;
    · A corporate officer in a partnership;
    · A person with legal capacity to represent the property owner; or
    · A person who possesses a business interest in the property to be protected.

See Maryland State Police > Organization > Support Services Bureau > Licensing Division > Special Police

A "Special Police Officer" has limited jurisdiction under Annotated Code of Maryland, Title 3, §3–307 which provides that each special police officer shall protect and preserve peace and good order on the property described in the application for the commission and that the special police officer may:

1. Arrest individuals who trespass or commit offenses on the property described in the application for the commission
    2. Exercise the powers of a police officer on the property described in the application for the commission;
    3. Exercise the powers of a police officer in a county or municipal corporation of the State in connection with the care, custody, and protection of other property of the entity that requested the appointment of the special police officer or other property, real or personal, for which the entity has assumed an obligation to maintain or protect; and
    4. Direct and control traffic on public highways and roads in the immediate vicinity of the property described in the application for the commission in order to facilitate the orderly movement of traffic to and from the property, if the Secretary approves of this activity in advance.
    5. Make an arrest or issue a traffic citation for a violation of the Maryland Vehicle Law or any other State or local traffic law or regulation only if the special police officer:
    · has a probationary or permanent appointment as a security officer or is a member of an industrial police force; and
    · has completed the basic training course for police officers as established by the Police Training Commission in accordance with Subtitle 2, of this title.
    6. Exercise the power described above only on the property of the special police officer’s employer as described in the application for the commission, unless the special police officer is in active pursuit for the purpose of immediate apprehension.

In other words, a "Special Police Officer" is a glorified security officer with a "Special" title. The only caveat being that they must complete a basic training course for police officers as established by the Police Training Commission. It is unclear what qualifies as a basic training course under the Police Training Commission but training requirements, in general, can be found in the Code of Maryland Regulations located at http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/Sub...rch=12.04.01.*

What a maroon!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Moderator
    Hmmm I thought "Special Police Officer" was one who rode the "Short" police car to the academy
    OD* likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Hmmm I thought "Special Police Officer" was one who rode the "Short" police car to the academy
    No, those folks are the ones frequently refered to as "command staff"

Ladies night free admittance, ladies night free or reduced drinks, etc. There are lots of examples of businesses offering a different "deal" for ladies, there should be some precedents for previous suits. And hey, what about senior citizen discounts? Free drinks at Whataburger..

"Hey I didn't get a winning lottery ticket, I was discriminated against!"
    "Hey my kid only had to pay $12 for a ticket to the ball game, why am I being discriminated against?"

I do not think it is discrimination to offer something to one type, but it IS discrimination to deny something to only one type.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Someone should introduce this guy to that lady who sat on the black seat in the middle of summer and sued the Dallas cowboys because it was hot. They would get along well. I just hope they don't get along well enough to pro-create.
    NotMallNinja likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links