shoot at pirates, why is it so hard to understand ? - Page 2

shoot at pirates, why is it so hard to understand ?

This is a discussion on shoot at pirates, why is it so hard to understand ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Arborigine Some boats are made with foam cores and unsinkable. That video looked like a perfect setup to lob grenades. More grenades ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: shoot at pirates, why is it so hard to understand ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Some boats are made with foam cores and unsinkable. That video looked like a perfect setup to lob grenades.
    More grenades on ships. Very effective when lobbed down onto passing pirate vessels. Good idea!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

cj
    Tell you what...as soon as the pirates commit to following rules and laws, we'll stop shooting at them. I'm just not seeing the controversy here. There are plenty of ways to signal another ship for a safe approach which don't involve speeding up, ignoring weapons being fired at you, etc.
    CIBMike and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Some boats are made with foam cores and unsinkable. That video looked like a perfect setup to lob grenades.
    Take out the motor and it's a long float home, if the wind and current are headed home.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Simple bloodless solution - one shot to take out the outboard motor, three or four shots into the hull, and leave the area.
    Just one question: Where's the motor located on a boat?

Sounds like the "just shoot them in the arm/leg" foolishness.
    CIBMike and atctimmy like this.

There are certain 'waters' that anyone approaching a tanker, is an idiot or a pirate.... more than likely the later. When RPG's are spotted, I don't think fisherman typically carry RPG's on their boats.... then it's open season on the boat as far as I'm concerned. There is a thing called "radios" to notify a ship and communicate, and if they aren't doing either ... there may be a real problem if you are in those particular waters.

If I was on one of the ships, I would want a few missles or RPG's of my own.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The guards should be shooting 50cal or 20 mil gatlings. If you are going to shoot, kill or sink them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I would get a bunch of little kids to start yelling, "Swiper, no swiping!" Because its okay that we now teach our children to confront BGs and talk them out of crime. They should do it in Spanish too because its not important for a developing child to learn to properly speak thier native language.
    What if their native language is Spanish? And what does language have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    What if their native language is Spanish? And what does language have to do with this?
    Well then they can say it in English. Sorry, I got a little overboard by adding the language part
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Senior Moderator
    Looked like the security team did their jobs, and whose to say that that wasn't suppose to be a terrorist sucide boat
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    What amazes me most about this story is the fact that it was deemed dispraportionate and contraversial at a shipping conference...these are presumably the same people that are loosing many millions to these pirates ...you would think they would be cheering while watching a vid like that.
    The easy way is always mined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Well then they can say it in English. Sorry, I got a little overboard by adding the language part
    No big deal. The best part is that here in the good ol' USA we don't have a national language so we can teach our kids whatever language we feel like!

Either way shooting at pirates isn't that a good idea?

Absoloutley! Shoot them up, what good will letting them go do? I know nothing of maritime law but they are trying to take property and hostages by force, why should they get mercy?

Having guards on board who can not or will not act against a threat is just adding more hostages and firepower in to the mix.

Personaly I'd love to have Dillon Miniguns and Mk 19 Grenade launchers on the perimeter of my ship. One of thoes automated guns the navy uses for anti missle defense, a phalinx? And I forget the make and model but one of thoes inflatable hull fast attack boats the Coast Guard has, my old fire department has one, really awesome!
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Neutralize your target! I think that was accomplished in this instance. If someone tries to kill you...kill them back.
    Ionracas likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Kill them back!? Ha thats awesome
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Shoulda' used a Vulcan.
    jbum likes this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links