If your wife/daughter were being held at gunpoint....

This is a discussion on If your wife/daughter were being held at gunpoint.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just watched a movie (ya, you gotta love Hollywood) and here is the scenario: Bad guy is a prisoner being questioned by the military. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: If your wife/daughter were being held at gunpoint....

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I just watched a movie (ya, you gotta love Hollywood) and here is the scenario:

Bad guy is a prisoner being questioned by the military. He is not shackled in any way. Distraction happens and BG rushes guard, steals his 1911 and grabs a female civilian who happens to be in the room. (OK, not realistic, but this is from the 1970s so work with me) He is standing behind her with the gun pointing at her head through the bottom of her chin. It is obvious that the safety on the 1911 is engaged. You are not far from the two of them, less than 10 ft. Let's say the woman is your wife/daughter. What do you do?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

IF the safety was on and he looked like he didnt know what he was doing with the weapon, I would have walked up to him normally and hit him in the face. but hey who knows if that would work thats a movie. ive seen movies in hollywood were they say a glock has a safety and then proceed to flip off an imaginary safety while at the same time hearing a click.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Get off the X to my left, draw and shoot into right arm and head which will be exposed. If I recall correctly (being an Army Brat in the 1960's) that the MP's carried 45's but no mag in the gun at the entrance to our post (you could see there was no mag in the gun driving by). It is likely that this gun may also be empty. But my movement will cause a temporary distraction, reset his OODA loop and give me the possability to take control of the situation. There will be no talk just action.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I yell "CUT" and stop the filming. If he's a genuine "Bad Guy" he's gonna' have that safety thumbed off. If you're asking about a scenario in which the participants are real, there are dozens of details I'm going to want to notice before I go Steven Segalling into the fray. First, is it my wife or my ex-wife? 'Cause, if it's the ex, the Bad Guy is gonna' need; a wooden stake, a cross & some Holy Water...maybe silver bullets.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I think I know this one. I tell my blindfolded son that he's holding Mom, and the safety is on. Then I shoot the guard.

Then we all get the hell out of dodge and find our way back to Da Nang.

I can't emotionally handle two similiar scenarios in a week
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Isn't there a hook hanging from the car's backdoor handle when they get home somewhere in this story?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Shoot the hostage and stay above 50
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Administrator
    Not another one of these?
    Rock and Glock and Eagleks like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Not another one of these?
    Hey, you have the gavel.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If my guns drawn and allready on him I take the 1.5 seconds it takes me at the range to squeeze the trigger adn consistantly put rounds through the center of the X ring, except I drill him in the eye. The hole in this picture took 13 rounds at 10 feet with about 1.5 second split times.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    If my guns drawn and allready on him I take the 1.5 seconds it takes me at the range to squeeze the trigger adn consistantly put rounds through the center of the X ring, except I drill him in the eye.
    What if his eyes are closed?

Guess we're now counting on instant, no twitch, central-nervous system shutdown. Dang, you guys are g-o-o-d.

All I know is if it isn't a hostile military holding us, I'm going to find the person responsible for putting my wife/daughter in a military interrogation with an enemy combatant and pistol whip him.
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    I would get my Intensive Handgun instructor on the phone and ask him what I should do.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links