The real cause for global warming

This is a discussion on The real cause for global warming within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this and couldn't resist 10mm ammo.jpg...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By mcp1810
  • 1 Post By mano3
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaDawg

Thread: The real cause for global warming

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

The real cause for global warming

I saw this and couldn't resist

10mm ammo.jpg
    wmhawth and ppkheat like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Nice!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Actually the real cause of global warming is the politicians won't keep their mouths shut. Think of the number of politicians in Washington DC running their mouth, spewing out hot air, multiply that by hundreds of thousands of politicians all across the country. That's a load of hot air (among other things) getting put out!
    msgt/ret, mano3 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually the real cause of global warming is the politicians won't keep their mouths shut. Think of the number of politicians in Washington DC running their mouth, spewing out hot air, multiply that by hundreds of thousands of politicians all across the country. That's a load of hot air (among other things) getting put out!
    And since hurricanes feed on hot rising air how much is Isaac going to intensify after passing Tampa.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well, politician hot-air is generated entirely by the calories consumed (i.e., they burn food energy to produce hot air). An average diet in the Western world requires about 1 liter* of gasoline-based inputs in order to generate one day's worth of food (this is in addition to photosynthetic capture of sunlight, which is obviously energy neutral and carbon neutral). So, really, they're turning fossil fuels into hot air.

On the other hand, 10mm has the option of being shiny (as you can see). This means that it has a high albedo, and short-wave radiation that strikes it is reflected as (mostly) short-wave radiation. Because those photons are not long-wave radiation (and thus not retained by greenhouse gases), they'll reflect back into outerspace, not adding to the heat on our planet.

So, yes, the 10mm is awesome enough to contribute global warming, but being awesome, it's also got a compensatory mechanism**. If you carry the gun outside or have it visible to the sun (or at least, visible to the sky) it'll work hard deflecting photons into space.

*look, in a thread about millimeters, I'm allowed to use liters as a unit!
    **bonus points if your compensator is shiny.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Well, politician hot-air is generated entirely by the calories consumed (i.e., they burn food energy to produce hot air). An average diet in the Western world requires about 1 liter* of gasoline-based inputs in order to generate one day's worth of food (this is in addition to photosynthetic capture of sunlight, which is obviously energy neutral and carbon neutral). So, really, they're turning fossil fuels into hot air.

On the other hand, 10mm has the option of being shiny (as you can see). This means that it has a high albedo, and short-wave radiation that strikes it is reflected as (mostly) short-wave radiation. Because those photons are not long-wave radiation (and thus not retained by greenhouse gases), they'll reflect back into outerspace, not adding to the heat on our planet.

So, yes, the 10mm is awesome enough to contribute global warming, but being awesome, it's also got a compensatory mechanism**. If you carry the gun outside or have it visible to the sun (or at least, visible to the sky) it'll work hard deflecting photons into space.

*look, in a thread about millimeters, I'm allowed to use liters as a unit!
    **bonus points if your compensator is shiny.
    Whoa there ... Canuk... yer talkin' to 'mericans... better dumb it down a bit... just tell us it's shiny... and go ooooh! and aaaah! just like the fireworks show...

We get it, it's coool.. we want it... can we buy it for 0% interest for 84 months? $0 down, too? Oh, yeah baby! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Gonna get me some o' dat in Hi Rez man...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

My wife blames it on my red beans and rice.
    mano3 and msgt/ret like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I thought it was cow farts...
    msgt/ret likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

funny
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I thought it was cow farts...
    Burps!

The methanogenic bacteria live in the cows' stomachs, where they turn cellulosic energy into biomass (for themselves), with a side-product of methane. These nitrogen-fixing bacteria then create proteins for their own growth, but then they end up getting digested by the cattle as the cud is moved down their system. This is how cows get the protein, despite just eating grasses.

It's the methane in the burps that add to the greenhouse gases! Not farts!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    One climate change contributor is Methane gas
    Methane is contained in flatus and released during defecation
    Defecation occurs every time a politician opens his/her mouth
    Therefore, politicians are climate change contributors
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Politicians, cows, farts, burps,........ Nope. I agree with the OP.... It's the Delta Elete!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Links