You Tube question

This is a discussion on You Tube question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do people get paid for the amount of hits you receive on your video? For example...on the video from Markedguardian I notice a commercial came ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: You Tube question

You Tube question

Do people get paid for the amount of hits you receive on your video?

For example...on the video from Markedguardian I notice a commercial came up first and then the video. If he were to spark a confrontation this could send many hits to his video. Makes me wonder if his real intentions aren't profit driven. He seems to be out there trolling around town looking for something controversial to put on video. If his true goal was to educate people around town then it doesn't need to be on video.

Anyone know what the You Tube deal is?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    If you are a YouTube partner you are allowed to put advertisements in your videos or on your page. You get paid between 1 and 3 cents per click on the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    If you are a YouTube partner you are allowed to put advertisements in your videos or on your page. You get paid between 1 and 3 cents per click on the ad.
    So, what Lima is sayin' is she's independently wealthy... and you should make videos, too.
    Thunder71 and Cory1022 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So, what Lima is sayin' is she's independently wealthy... and you should make videos, too.
    LOL! Not hardly. My checks from Google are nothing you could live on...lol I can't even remember the last time I got one.

You have to be invited to be a partner (at least that's how it was when I was invited). I think you can apply for a partnership as well but I don't know how that works because I was invited and didn't have to ask.

And how much you make/get really DOES matter on how often you make videos. When I go on my "down times" and don't make videos for several months then I don't see any money from it at all.

People are telling me all the time that I could make more money if I did more videos. I never want to put myself in a position to where I'm making videos just for the money because then I think the content will tank because I'll just be putting videos out there with nothing really helpful to say and there are already 1,000,000 YouTubers like that out there.

Yeah, the pennies a day can and does get to a lot of peoples' heads.

Now I've got to invest time in a new hobby?

Links