what is wrong with kids today?

This is a discussion on what is wrong with kids today? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM- FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Police arrested three teenagers Saturday in the beating of a homeless man in a park. The teens, all 15-year-old Fort ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is wrong with kids today?

what is wrong with kids today?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060924/...JlYmhvBHNlYwM-

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Police arrested three teenagers Saturday in the beating of a homeless man in a park. The teens, all 15-year-old Fort Lauderdale residents, were charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, police said in a statement.

The charges stem from an attack on William Teeters, 44, who was left bleeding and bruised in the park Wednesday night, police said. He was later treated at a hospital.

Authorities identified the three teens and another boy from a surveillance video that showed them within a quarter-mile of the park 10 minutes before the attack, police said. Authorities had said the boys were considered "persons of interest" because they match Teeters' description of his attackers. Police said Saturday the fourth person had been identified but would not be charged.

Teeters was attacked near the site where another homeless man, Norris Gaynor, 45, was beaten to death by a group of teens in January. Three suspects in that case are awaiting trial

what is up with kids these days? this is just wrong and they should be beaten for crap like this

2. Remove Ads

A few years ago the same thing was happening in the seattle area. One man was beaten in front of one of the satelite police stations.

Give Teeters a baseball bat and 60 seconds per kid.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

While, Yes, they are more violent than in the past, Probably because of technology, their acts get reported faster, also due to technology

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Give Teeters a bat and 60 seconds with their PARENTS.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Same thing happened here in Nashville not long ago. Two teens from a nearby small town (Lebanon) came to town to harass street people. They beat one man with a beer bottle and then found a homeless woman sleeping on the bank of Riverfront Park. They sneaked up on her and rolled her into the river - her body was found several days later lodged beneath a barge. Their motive for the crimes? ... They were "bored!"
    Jack

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Their motive for the crimes? ... They were "bored!"
    Jack
    Maybe we should show them what boredom is. Lock them up and throw away the key!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Alot of kids today needs a heavy handed paddle on the ass at school. Better yet....their parents need it because they are lacking because they are too lazy, or don't care.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Children are nothing but a reflection of their parents. The fruit wont fall far from the tree in most cases.

At the Juvenile Justice Center that I work at, 70% of our delinquents are from my city, maybe 25% of those live with either parent, and maybe 1 out of 20 lives with both parents, the rest are living with relative because their parents are in jail, or with grandparents because they had to be taken from their parents by CPS.

Even when we have visitation fewer than 4 people usually show up to visit with their children, and most of the time they are from out of town.

Yes, youth are more violent than in the past, but the typical family structure has been so warped and twisted.....what can we really expect from so many broken homes.
    Fear No Evil.

Assistant Administrator
    hsu is right - parenting is at the bottom of much of this. So many cases where kids are little more than nuisance/burden and as often as not told to get out and ''find something to do''!

I am a firm believer in ''eye for an eye'' in these instances and would certainly feel some justice served if each and every individual was made to suffer what they inflicted.

Way too often they do not consider such but IMO would think differently if they had some of the same medicine.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Oh, I think trying these mid-teen kids as adults is pretty fitting. As my friend put it ... "Bubba's got him a new play-toy!"
    Jack

Many of today's kids (at least in the USA) have no honor, no moral code, no internal "compass" to guide them. They've not had parental direction, honorable role models, supervision at critical stages of their development, nor caring guidance at the emotional times of their young lives. In short, they've been abandoned to go it alone. Hence, they are going it alone. And some (parents, politicians) folks are surprised. Now, that is a learning disability.

The funny thing is, some folks forget that a person is merely an animal that with training becomes human. Minus that training, whaddayaget? Actually, what we've got: a bunch of rats in a cage, behaving like it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kids today are taught that they are nothing more than advanced monkeys. They don't believe that they are created beings and ,becuase of that, that they are accountable to their creator. Therefore what's the point of respecting life. If I'm nothing more than a animal what keeps me from acting like one? I realize kids to imitate their parent's behavior but everyone has a choice to make regardless of their situation. Those three boys chose to beat that man for whatever reason. Did they know it was wrong? I'm sure they did. They chose wrong over right. Is it becuase of what they weren't taught? Or is it because of what they were taught?

This type of stuff makes me sad becuase I am not too far removed from that generation. I'm 25 and remember being taught in highschool that I was an animal. Then when I returned home my parent had to combat that teaching and reteach me that I am a created being who is loved and so is every other human. Without that basic understanding life has little value. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

What really baffles me is the rate at which children have changed. I am pretty young, 22. From what i remember, when i was 15, that kinda crap didnt happen. If it did, i was completly out of the loop. What the he** has happened in 7 years. I would almost point the finger at the parents but who knows.

What country was that were the kid got canned for spray painting the cars....hmmmmmm your right though it boils down to parenting;yesterday we were at my sisters and out in the street there was a 6or 7 year old boy telling this other kid to s*** his ****

shamefull.Iwanted to snatch the kid up and the kids parents
    US Paratroopers give the enemy maxnimum opportunity to give his life for his country

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links