raw video of police shooting

This is a discussion on raw video of police shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Officer Slocum's retiring and leaving San Diego. He'll never fully recover from his injuries apparently. He was shot in the left temple, he's holding the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: raw video of police shooting

Officer Slocum's retiring and leaving San Diego. He'll never fully recover from his injuries apparently. He was shot in the left temple, he's holding the exit wound in the video. Sad.

Shot Officer Retiring, Leaving San Diego | NBC 7 San Diego

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    Officer Slocum's retiring and leaving San Diego. He'll never fully recover from his injuries apparently. He was shot in the left temple, he's holding the exit wound in the video. Sad.

Shot Officer Retiring, Leaving San Diego | NBC 7 San Diego
    It's so strange that they say the bullet went in his temple, and came out near his ear, and yet he appears to be holding his throat the whole time.

what is disturbing is no one rendered aid; apply pressure, elevate his head. I find it hard to believe someone gets shot and there is little blood

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    what is disturbing is no one rendered aid; apply pressure, elevate his head. I find it hard to believe someone gets shot and there is little blood
    Man, I tell you. If I'm unfortunate enough to need the kind of medical attention this poor guy did, I would hope i get more than prayers and people telling me help is on the way, as time goes on and on and my life ticks away.

The bullet traversed his head; left temple, right neck. I had a neighbor shot in the head once. The bullet entered his skull behind his left ear, went through his brain then exited the top of the skull. He lived, suffering a brain injury. He had to take seizure medicine for the rest of his life, I was to polite to ask what caliber he'd been shot with. It was a double shooting actually, he was the first victim.

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    The bullet traversed his head; left temple, right neck. I had a neighbor shot in the head once. The bullet entered his skull behind his left ear, went through his brain then exited the top of the skull. He lived, suffering a brain injury. He had to take seizure medicine for the rest of his life, I was to polite to ask what caliber he'd been shot with. It was a double shooting actually, he was the first victim.
    Yeah, I get that bullets can travel weird paths until they exit (if they DO exit), but this guy can be seen holding his throat, and yet reports say it entered his temple and exited by his ear. Oh well. Whatever.

Yeah, that neighbor of yours was probably shot with cheap 9mm ball ammo. I like 9's, but not unless it is good +p hollow point stuff

Agreed. People were coming out of that house, none of them could get a towel to apply to the wound!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    That's disturbing.
    To me the video was not half as disturbing as many of the comments made about it on youtube.

Michael
    Ionracas likes this.

VIP Member
    Pretty messed up.
    It just amazes me as to what mankind is capable of doing to those they supposedly know and love.
    Glad the brothers of the officer down got him out of there instead of waiting for a different mode of transport to ther hospital.
    Also glad he is doingwell.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I worked on a guy that got pinned between an SUV and the interstate bar on the back of a commercial vehicle. The SUV was doing about 40-50 on icy roads, lost control, bounced off of a mechanics truck, struck the guy, then smacked him into the truck,and the guy fell between his truck and the mechanics. I looked him over, collected his stuff, got his cell phone, and called his boss. I knew the guy was hurt bad and there was absolutely nothing to do but sit with him and get his personal stuff for the ride to the hospital.

Injuries are funny. Usually head injuries bleed an unbelievable amount. Sometimes you do what you can, and it's just that not much can be done. If the bleeding is under control the only thing to do is treat for shock and monitor them till you can get them out of there.
    Ionracas likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Yeah, I get that bullets can travel weird paths until they exit (if they DO exit), but this guy can be seen holding his throat, and yet reports say it entered his temple and exited by his ear. Oh well. Whatever.

Yeah, that neighbor of yours was probably shot with cheap 9mm ball ammo. I like 9's, but not unless it is good +p hollow point stuff
    I'm more inclined towards a mousegun of some type - .25 or a .32 ball, maybe a .22. My neighbor was in surprisingly good shape when I saw him two months afterwards. You could hardly tell he'd been hurt save for some speech impediment. 9mm ball is what caused Gabby Giffords' head wound in Tuscon. He was not injured nearly as bad as Gabby. The brain can sustain a bullet wound as long as one hemisphere remains intact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links