raw video of police shooting

This is a discussion on raw video of police shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; this is pretty crazy. I watch YT alot, and this one is new to me, so I thought I share. Officer Shooting Caught On Camera, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: raw video of police shooting

this is pretty crazy. I watch YT alot, and this one is new to me, so I thought I share.

Officer Shooting Caught On Camera, El Cajon Shooting - YouTube

That's disturbing.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I couldn't watch the entire video. Had to shut it off when the shot officer was down and moaning.
    Pretty sad....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

That's just terrible that they put it on youtube. If that officer had kids now they will see it. All that aftermath for ratings.

The non-shot cop was remarkably calm through the whole thing, I have to say.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I know, he even put the hood back up on the holstered pistol. I've seen it many times where the officers forget to put the hood back up when things get little heated. very professional. and balls of steel. I applaud him saving that officer's life

Why would you post coverage of a wounded officer fighting for his life?

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    That was disturbing. Prayers go out to Officer Slocum and his family, and all LEOs who put their lives on the line each and every day.

The only issue I have with the video is the fact that the videographer didn't immediately put his camera down and assist the officer's partner in getting him to safety. He was already putting himself in the danger zone by being there...I'd say that helping the officer would have certainly been worth the risk.
    Badey likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yes, and it was brave to drag him across he street to cover and radio for help, but from then on he really didn't do a whole lot to save the guy. Telling him help is on the way doesn't stop his neck from bleeding. Pressure does. A t shirt from one of the bystanders does. Yes, the shot cop had his hand on his neck, but he was losing so much blood that he was out of it and not able to stop the bleeding like someone else could have. The cop took the time to tell the bystanders to get back. He could have instead said take off your shirt and put some pressure on this. He allowed the guys to kneel down and pray for the guy. He could have instructed them to do some basic first aid to give the guy a chance at life. If he lived, he's very lucky...

Oh, and kudos to the cops that finally put him in a vehicle and hauled him presumably to the hospital, as the so called help was taking forever
    sgb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    The OP is a cop. Not sure if that helps.

I think it's ok. There are mistakes that were made in how the situation was handled, and maybe people can learn from that

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    The OP is a cop. Not sure if that helps.

I think it's ok. There are mistakes that were made in how the situation was handled, and maybe people can learn from that
    I think he was referring to the youtuber? if it was directed at me, I was only showing a reality most people don't ever get to see. it's something publicly available. I meant no disrespect to anyone

Yes, and it was brave to drag him across he street to cover and radio for help, but from then on he really didn't do a whole lot to save the guy. Telling him help is on the way doesn't stop his neck from bleeding. Pressure does. A t shirt from one of the bystanders does. Yes, the shot cop had his hand on his neck, but he was losing so much blood that he was out of it and not able to stop the bleeding like someone else could have. The cop took the time to tell the bystanders to get back. He could have instead said take off your shirt and put some pressure on this. He allowed the guys to kneel down and pray for the guy. He could have instructed them to do some basic first aid to give the guy a chance at life. If he lived, he's very lucky...

Oh, and kudos to the cops that finally put him in a vehicle and hauled him presumably to the hospital, as the so called help was taking forever
    from what I heard (only 'heard') he took a bullet to his temply, and exited out the skull. he medically retired and went back to school.

this is why I always recommend first responders carry some kind of an emergency first aid kit in a cargo pocket. put one of those compact TQs and a combat quick clot gauze or Israeli gauze if you know how to use it.

but I never judge how I could have done things, because I wasn't there and I have no idea how in that exact situation I would have handled it under very high stress

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar

If you read the comment below the video, the reporter said that there was very little bleeding and there was no need for anyone else to add pressure.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    If you read the comment below the video, the reporter said that there was very little bleeding and there was no need for anyone else to add pressure.
    I'm seeing some inconsistencies with what the comments say for the video, vs what the footage shows. If I look closely, I don't see any blood or wounds on his temple or head. I see some blood on his face, but that probably got there when he fell down and blood from the wound in his neck area smeared up on his face. Also, the cop holds his neck the entire time. Why would he do that if the injury was to his temple and not his neck? Also, the cop was acting dilerious, which is consistent with blood loss, but of course could be consistent with a bullet to the head, but I'm not seeing that evidence in the footage

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    It’s ok to watch a party store owner get it, and die on tape but not a cop, I am so sick of the double standards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links