Show and Don't TELL...

Show and Don't TELL...

This is a discussion on Show and Don't TELL... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been wanting an AR-15 now for about a decade, but really couldn't pull the trigger or justify it to myself. Well, with the Zombie ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Dennis1209
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 3 Post By Doodle

Thread: Show and Don't TELL...

Show and Don't TELL...

I've been wanting an AR-15 now for about a decade, but really couldn't pull the trigger or justify it to myself. Well, with the Zombie apocalypse just around the corner now and another (assault weapon) ban being talked about, I don't want my face eaten by Zombies Try explaining your reasoning to your spouse and see where that gets you.

After doing my diligent research on AR'S, I decided on a Rock River Arms in .223 with all the bells, whistles and trinkets. I didn't want to mess with building one myself.

My wife will appreciate my wisdom and forethought when the Zombie's come a knocken on the door.

I've been wanting a Ruger Sp101 for a long time also. It's one of those revolvers that is a "must have"! Try explaining that to your spouse that only cares about food on the table, the rent paid, and enough left over to buy some detergent for her wash bucket?

Well, road kill is plentiful around here, worse case scenario I have a good tent and if need be... In the olden days they boiled their laundry in their wash bucket.

A man's got to set his priorities straight, you know?

WHEC724 and JoJoGunn like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

sgb
    Nice rifle, what front sight is that and where is the rear BUIS?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member
    That is zombie killer for sure. I admire your courage. Some wives just don't realize the imminent danger zombies represent. It is up to us to gear up for the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Nice rifle, what front sight is that and where is the rear BUIS?
    I threw away most the packaging so not sure. The rear sight is with my pile of other stuff, bi-pod, red dot, AR flash light, front handle, etc. It will not fit or work with the red dot or 3 power Nikon scope on the rail.

You know, it's a tough decision what optics / attachments to keep on it?

<the Menace>

Let us all know how you like the single life!
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nice AR and SP-101. I will also give kudos to the Ruger LCR, it too is a sweet weapon. I bought one last year for the wife's birthday.

However, I'm banned from taking my "zombie" weapons with me to certain places, the Zombies I encounter happen to be the managers at my work place and they have a "no firearms" policy.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

from your picture that looks like a magpull mbus, mounted backwards.

You gotta do what you gotta do. Might as well take care of things while you can take care of things. Just remember you'll need some ammo for backup.
    I do hope your wife sees your "wisdom" in this case. I've been down the wisdom road before......that's why I'm single now and plan on keeping it that way. It is what it is I reckon. I only answer to myself and take care of my pets......and my needs. I learned how to cook a long time ago. LOL! For what it's worth.

VIP Member
    I believe that a magpul sight will melt it it's on the gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I believe that a magpul sight will melt it it's on the gas block.
    not to mention being too low, mbus are rail height not gas block height...I'd go ahead and turn it around and mount it to your rail.

Nice gun,but I would have opted for the 5.56 chamber which would allow you to shoot either 5.56 or 223,in case of an apocalypse it's possible the only ammo readily available could be 5.56
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Well, being my first AR and all, stupid is what stupid does! That's the left handed coming out of me I guess. Thanks.

<the Menace>

Senior Moderator
    Nice rifle. Definitely good Zombie medicine.

I'd suggest re-thinking the grip on the magwell. In the unlikely event of a case failure, the AR design tries to vent the gasses down through the magwell. Not a good place to have one's hand.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Agreed, magpul.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Sponsored Links